Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Snitz CSS with Theme Changer Finally! - Updated!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2003 :  21:18:03  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
If I recall correctly, MeTV is doing something to his site, http://www.tvthemetunes.net , to reduce bandwidth.

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

robbear7

106 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2003 :  21:23:42  Show Profile  Visit robbear7's Homepage  Send robbear7 an AOL message  Send robbear7 an ICQ Message  Send robbear7 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry all, I've been awol for a bit, but I have returned. I am going to make an update to the post and get the zip files back up on r7designer.com. Wow, I've been slacking lately.. I'm gonna have to get back on top of things...

http://www.r7designer.com
Free Dreamweaver Templates and loads of help for CSS, XHTML and Web Standards.
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  18:04:41  Show Profile
Just a question for us vision impaired folk. Is there a way to change the font settings from points to pixels, or my favorite method - descriptors (medium, small, normal)?

And while posting... Is there a set of mods for the CSS forum, as I have tried to install a few regular ones (avatar mod I think) and it isn't working, as I need to change some lines, that are different in the CSS version.

Tahnks,
Ranko
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  10:12:31  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
Was happy to see that this came out. As I prefer style sheets.

I am new to setting up the fourms, I have the original setup and was working on chaning it when I came accross this thread.. Went through and did a fresh clean database with user and a new folder to install the new updated version. (not converting my old version right now no need no postings yet).

I get the famous internal error 500. So I put in some response.writes to see where it was getting to in the config sys. after messing around with it to get it to print some type of error. I got this

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e37'

Invalid object name 'FORUM_CONFIG_NEW'.

/spiritual/forum2/config.asp, line 355

Now I went through this thread and notice there was an update so I went through the update and added it and tried it again I got a Internal error 500. The update also mentions files I do not have. Such as css_setup.asp.

Now I downloaded this file http://www.r7designer.com/snitz/mods/snitzcss_stylemod.zip from this thread. No where is css_setup in there. It has css_generator.asp, css_importer.asp, css_exporter.asp file. The zip file also did not contain any instructions.

How I set it up:
So I went through and unzipped the file created another forum area then my original one and followed the initial instructions that ORIGINALLY came with the Snitz forums (ya know uncomment the database type and develop the ocnnection string in the config.sys file)

And the above error after some mucking around with is what I get. The updater did not work.

Gist of it system configuration:

Fresh install
Brand new database - SQL server 2000.

Any suggestions?

Also the forum link you give to contact you about this http://www.robbear7.com/designer/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=17 does not work.

Yours in deepest gratitude,

Sacred
Go to Top of Page

robbear7

106 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  18:36:27  Show Profile  Visit robbear7's Homepage  Send robbear7 an AOL message  Send robbear7 an ICQ Message  Send robbear7 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Just a question for us vision impaired folk. Is there a way to change the font settings from points to pixels, or my favorite method - descriptors (medium, small, normal)?

And while posting... Is there a set of mods for the CSS forum, as I have tried to install a few regular ones (avatar mod I think) and it isn't working, as I need to change some lines, that are different in the CSS version.

If you open css_generator.asp, you will beable to manually hardcode in your desired CSS. Very easy actually :) As for the mods, I am not aware of any mods that were written to fully optimize Snitz CSS, however, Snitz CSS (Style Mod) was written for general backwards compatability with mods, so the mods "as is" just may work fine :)

Sacred, I will get in contact with Jim (Serevinus) and see what sort of input he can provide. While I did convert the forum to CSS, he wrote the style mod CP allowing CSS integration in the Forum Admin color selector and saving "themes". We'll get back to you soon. Thanks :)

http://www.r7designer.com
Free Dreamweaver Templates and loads of help for CSS, XHTML and Web Standards.
Go to Top of Page

simsen
Starting Member

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2003 :  13:11:31  Show Profile
Hi

I'm really gratefull for this version you have made. But I have one problem with this version (which I didn't have in the official release).

When I set the Private forums to "On" in the Configuration and set the Auth Type to "Members Only (Hidden)" it doesn't work correctly. The forum can be seen by everone else. Any suggestion?

All other things seems to be perfect :-)

simsen :-)
Go to Top of Page

simsen
Starting Member

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2003 :  13:26:13  Show Profile
Oooooo - forget what I have written - I took "Members Only (Hidden)" not as i should........"Allowed Member list (Hidden)"

So sorry to take your time :-(
Go to Top of Page

tbarjoe
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2003 :  14:14:21  Show Profile
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this mod? I've looked all over the place, and nothing so far.

Thanks in advance

Joe
Go to Top of Page

DougMc
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2003 :  02:00:37  Show Profile
None of the links here are working for me can someone tell me where I can get a copy of this or a similar conversion as css sounds like it would greatly enhance snitz. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

famdylan
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  14:30:20  Show Profile
I also would like a copy of this mod.

Send it to dylan.barber@earthlink.net
Go to Top of Page

sikandar

Pakistan
135 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2003 :  07:10:34  Show Profile
I am unable to download the file,

Download:
To download the Snitz CSS with Style MOD go here:
http://www.r7designer.com/snitz/mods/snitzcss_stylemod.zip

Getting the following message,

The administrator of this site has closed it for an unspecified time

If you have any queries please contact admin@r7designer.com
Go to Top of Page

asanderson
Starting Member

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  15:03:51  Show Profile  Send asanderson a Yahoo! Message
I have looked here a couple of times to dl this mod, but says admin has closed it for an unspecified time. I have emailed robbear, but no reply. Does anyone have a copy of this mod that I could use?

Thanks,
~Amy
Go to Top of Page

smurdon
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  17:57:01  Show Profile  Visit smurdon's Homepage
Yes, I'd like to take a look at it also. Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks,
-Dwayne
http://www.MelanomaOnline.com
Go to Top of Page

robbear7

106 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  21:58:22  Show Profile  Visit robbear7's Homepage  Send robbear7 an AOL message  Send robbear7 an ICQ Message  Send robbear7 a Yahoo! Message
I am terribly sorry that my download link does not work anymore. If you would like the mod, please email me at robbear7@yahoo.com and I will mail it back to you. I hope to have r7designer.com back up soon, once that happens the downlink will work once again.

If there is anyone interested in hosting the Snitz CSS mod file please email me at the above email. :)
Go to Top of Page

Kent

United States
193 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2003 :  07:35:25  Show Profile
Have you tried SnitzBitz to host your download?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07