New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2001 :  15:23:12  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

This is getting really cool...

Sorry forgot...will there be an option to search within archived news?

off again...

MPH73

To my best knowledge - I haven't tested it - then you can search on Closed Topics as you can search everything else in SNITZ. The "News" isn't anything but a simple SNITZ forum.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2001 :  03:51:12  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Next issue with this mod, usind the display.asp in mode 1 where it is suppose to show only non closed topics still displays a topic even if it is closed. I will look at the code and see if I can figure it out.

I just fixed this by add this line to line 62:
strSql = strSql & " AND " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_STATUS = 1"

But you can also download it again in the updated ZIP file.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2001 :  09:17:33  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
is there a WORKING demo of this mod!?
Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2001 :  09:22:25  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

is there a WORKING demo of this mod!?

Not an exact demo, but a working installation. Look at http://www.konservative-birkeroed.dk.
Or you can see Dewyatts implementation (see link in previous reply to topic).

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2001 :  02:50:21  Show Profile
By the way, the new release works like a charm. Extremely happy with this MOD. I also like the way you included the config.asp and the inc_functions.asp on the page calling the script as well, that way it allows for two displays of either the same or different topic lists on the same page using only the one display.asp just included in different spots. If you would like to see a working implementation of not only this MOD, but using two includes of display.asp on the same page check out www.wyrmbane.com/remo_wrld.asp

Dewyatt

Go to Top of Page

Kenno
Average Member

Cambodia
846 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2001 :  22:10:53  Show Profile  Visit Kenno's Homepage
Everything is work fine except this problem. If I view the "Displaytest.ASP" from "forum" directory it's working fine, for example http://mydomain.com/forum/Displaytest.ASP, but if I try to view it outside "forum" directory, ex: http://mydomain.com/Displaytest.asp it's not working at all. I got this error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\khmersite\snitz_forums_2000.mdb'.

/khmersite/forum/display.asp, line 46

Note: I put my database file in "forum" directory.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷
Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2001 :  01:08:23  Show Profile
quote:

Everything is work fine except this problem. If I view the "Displaytest.ASP" from "forum" directory it's working fine, for example http://mydomain.com/forum/Displaytest.ASP, but if I try to view it outside "forum" directory, ex: http://mydomain.com/Displaytest.asp it's not working at all. I got this error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\khmersite\snitz_forums_2000.mdb'.

/khmersite/forum/display.asp, line 46

Note: I put my database file in "forum" directory.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷

When you try to view the forum outside your /forum directory did you change the <!--include--> statement to reflect /forum/ in the path?

Dewyatt

Go to Top of Page

Kenno
Average Member

Cambodia
846 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2001 :  06:37:21  Show Profile  Visit Kenno's Homepage
Yes, I did. For the one in the same forum folder, I used <!-- #include file="config.asp" --> with another one. For the outside one, it would be <!-- #include file="forum/....asp" -->. Anyother suggestions?? Or can you please send me the files that's working with you?

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷
Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2001 :  10:22:50  Show Profile
quote:

Yes, I did. For the one in the same forum folder, I used <!-- #include file="config.asp" --> with another one. For the outside one, it would be <!-- #include file="forum/....asp" -->. Anyother suggestions?? Or can you please send me the files that's working with you?

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷

I would be happy to send you my disply.asp, HOWEVER, that is not the problem here. It is looking for your database wherever you put the file with the include statement in it. This is more along the lines of your config.asp file and the strConnString. Could you either send me yout config.asp or paste in your strConnString from config.asp?

Also, is this in a hosted environment or your own server?

Dewyatt

Go to Top of Page

Kenno
Average Member

Cambodia
846 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2001 :  12:52:20  Show Profile  Visit Kenno's Homepage
This is the strconnstring I used:

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines!
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\dbroot\forum.snitz.com\snitz_forum.mdb;" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=SQL_USER;pwd=PASSWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 7
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_NAME;uid=MYSQL_USER;pwd=PARRWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MySQL

quote:

Also, is this in a hosted environment or your own server?

- I tested with PWS. So it's on my local machine.

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷

Edited by - Kenno on 21 January 2001 12:53:40
Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2001 :  14:42:07  Show Profile
OK, here is the problem you are having. When you use the virtual path connstring it will be looking for the .MDB file wherever you are including the config.asp because of where you have put your .MDB file. If this is on your local machine then use the connstring after using the physical path to the .MDB file and that will fix it. Or, you can include the config.asp file in the display.asp instead of the file you are using to include display.asp.

I am not positive including the config.asp file in display.asp would work, but I am positive that is you use the physical path for the connstring it will work. Or also possibly in the virtual path add /forum/....MDB and it /should/ work however I have seen some issues with virtual pathing and includes in the past. Make sure you put the / in front of the forum as this /should/ stand for root/forum/ Hope this helps you out!

Dewyatt

Edited by - DewyattStanfield on 21 January 2001 14:44:56
Go to Top of Page

Kenno
Average Member

Cambodia
846 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  00:27:51  Show Profile  Visit Kenno's Homepage
Hi Dewyatt,

Well, it's the strconnsring problems. After choosing the database direct path, I can use displaytest.asp in any page outside Forum directory. But here's a lil problem, the smily faces don't show at all. When I view it's property I saw: http://127.0.0.1/khmersite/icon_smile.gif which is supposed to be http://127.0.0.1/khmersite/forum/icon_smile.gif.

Do I have to fix anything else?

By the way, but using the include files in the display.asp and choose the visual path for your database connection, it doesn't work either (already tried).

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷
Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  03:03:51  Show Profile
quote:

Hi Dewyatt,

Well, it's the strconnsring problems. After choosing the database direct path, I can use displaytest.asp in any page outside Forum directory. But here's a lil problem, the smily faces don't show at all. When I view it's property I saw: http://127.0.0.1/khmersite/icon_smile.gif which is supposed to be http://127.0.0.1/khmersite/forum/icon_smile.gif.

Do I have to fix anything else?

By the way, but using the include files in the display.asp and choose the visual path for your database connection, it doesn't work either (already tried).

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷

I didn't think it would work that way, just a thought, thanks for confirming it. Well....What I did to make smileys work is just put a copy of the file i wanted to use in the directory that I had the page that included display.asp in. I know, can get messy but I haven't had the time to write the fix, it is basically a pathing problem just like the database string because it is not using a physical path to the files but a virtual path and doesn't know how to get there.

This may not be a quick fix as if you look at the actual forum that is being displayed the smileys show up. This is a pathing issue in the snitz application itself and not in this MOD. HOWEVER there may be something that can be added, I have an idea let me work on it tomorrow and I will get back to you if I get it fixed.

Dewyatt

Edited by - dewyattstanfield on 22 January 2001 03:06:31
Go to Top of Page

Kenno
Average Member

Cambodia
846 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  04:13:12  Show Profile  Visit Kenno's Homepage
I agree with you about the path problem. Thanks for helping.

However, I'm wondering if anyone has fixed this problem yet...

÷§÷ Kenno ÷§÷
Go to Top of Page

(.)z

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  06:24:26  Show Profile  Visit (.)z's Homepage  Send (.)z an AOL message  Send (.)z an ICQ Message  Send (.)z a Yahoo! Message
What version of Snitz / Mods do I required to be able to implement this mod. I am running 3.1sr4 with only the active_users mod.

My post.asp does not have any topic order mods which the readme.txt says I need to change.

Regards - z - http://www.discuss-online.co.uk/

Edited by - (.)z on 22 January 2001 08:23:57
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07