Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  19:29:39  Show Profile
If you search for in-active users of 90 days- and e-mail all (it e-mails everyone who has not visited your forums for 90 days)

If you search for in-active users of 400 days- and e-mail all (it e-mails everyone who has not visited your forums for 400 days)

So yes, it e-mails the people who only meet the criteria you specify !

A delete all option would be so usefull- but once you have first installed this mod and deleted the millions of in-active members, it is easy from then on in !
Every so often go to the in-active users page and you will only end up deleting a few members at a time !
But a delete all option is just an obvious thing (in my eyes) ....one of the first things I would think of ! (after all, it does have an e-mail all option) !

Edited by - gareth_moore_2000 on 05 January 2003 13:10:06
Go to Top of Page

anotherwin95

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2003 :  09:40:37  Show Profile  Visit anotherwin95's Homepage  Send anotherwin95 an ICQ Message
Thanks for the clarification.

Richard Hay
Webmaster/Forum Admin
http://AnotherWin95.com
Go to Top of Page

spyordie007

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  13:39:31  Show Profile  Visit spyordie007's Homepage  Send spyordie007 an AOL message
No problems here, it works great and is a great mod. Thanks for taking the time to write this burthold!

I would like to take this opportunity to vote yet again for a "delete all" option, fortunetly with my forum I dont have too many old users who havent visited so deleting a list of them wont take more than 20 min. or so (if they dont return due to my e-mail).

-Spy

Power - The only narcotic controlled by the SEC, not the FDA.

Prosperity without pollution! The American Hydrogen Association - http://www.ahanw.org
Questions about Hydrogen? Post them on our forum - http://www.ahanw.org/forum
Go to Top of Page

gameboy900
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2003 :  18:09:27  Show Profile  Visit gameboy900's Homepage
I'm just curious if anybody else had problems with this mod (and also the Members page) displaying the "Last Visit" dates that were not updated properly. I have several members who have posted in the last few days but according to this mod (and the Members page) have not been seen for over 2 months. I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this so that the last visit date is updated each time the persons looks at any forum page to avoid this problem.
Go to Top of Page

n8pbm

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2003 :  17:24:51  Show Profile  Visit n8pbm's Homepage
I ran into the date mismatch problem today. It is explained here why it does not match. This mod may need to be modified to look at both Last Visited and last posted dates.

Mike
Great Lakes Pop Up Club Camping
Go to Top of Page

Radianation

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2003 :  04:53:44  Show Profile  Visit Radianation's Homepage  Send Radianation an ICQ Message
I click on Email all and it does nothing. I have 1,700 inactive users that I would like to Email. What would really be nice is that if it could query their Email to see if it exists and if it bounces then have the mod delete the users account (assuming it is also inactive).

- Rad!
Go to Top of Page

dhutten

Netherlands
66 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2003 :  18:11:13  Show Profile
I get the following error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/admin_inactive_users.asp, line 92

De database is MS SQL 2000 Server,

Pleace advice
Go to Top of Page

Valda
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2003 :  21:59:29  Show Profile
*bump* what's doin man? any progress on mass user deletion?
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2003 :  02:27:06  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
I used this mod and had a wonderful impact on my forum. It has sparked an explosion of growth of old members who forgot the url or registered once and never had the chance to go back. Now, people are coming back to the site and posting because this mod made it easy to accomplish!

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

HolyOutlaw
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2003 :  14:23:04  Show Profile  Visit HolyOutlaw's Homepage
Bump...
Go to Top of Page

shaywood
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2003 :  17:27:49  Show Profile
I'm attempting to add this MOD, but keep getting this error message. Any ideas?

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'cint'

/forum/admin_inactive_users.asp, line 62

Go to Top of Page

ascension

50 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2003 :  19:41:22  Show Profile
Still no "delete all" ... when!!?!
Go to Top of Page

Rigger82

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  12:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Rigger82's Homepage  Send Rigger82 an AOL message  Send Rigger82 a Yahoo! Message
Has ANYONE gotten this mod modded to delete en masse? I have a TON of users and there is no way Im doing them one at a time.

Mark Christianson
Gulf War Veteran (82nd Airborne Division)
Owner/Operator of www.paratrooper.net
Rigger@paratrooper.net
"If freedom was shareware, soldiers are the ones who pay for it."
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  19:16:56  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
Yup. I've been using kirgy's version (after I put the german bits through google to figure out what it said), it works a treat.
Go to Top of Page

anotherwin95

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2003 :  10:57:03  Show Profile  Visit anotherwin95's Homepage  Send anotherwin95 an ICQ Message
So where do we find it and has anyone translated it into English?

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck McB

Yup. I've been using kirgy's version (after I put the german bits through google to figure out what it said), it works a treat.

Richard Hay
Webmaster/Forum Admin
http://AnotherWin95.com

Edited by - anotherwin95 on 01 September 2003 10:57:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07