DEV Discussions (Oracle)
 porting to Oracle from scratch - creating tables
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rahanini
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  22:54:52  Show Profile  Send Rahanini an AOL message
Hi,
My query is in regards to porting snitz to Oracle. I have been browsing this forum and see that a big problem is different datatypes between access and oracle. (clobs, memo-types, etc)

So i am wondering, if i should just create ALL the snitz Tables manually in Oracle and then I wont have any problems with faulty Data Types. Has anyone tried this?

The way i was planning on going about this was to open up the database in Access and just go through all the tables and copy their datatypes and choose an Oracle compatible datatypes (i'm aware there are some access datatypes with no oracle equivalents..not sure exactly what ill do when faced with this problem)

what do you think of my plan? after i do this, i was going to go through all the snitz files and change up the sql statements to fit Oracle's format. (im aware of certain subtleties between the two, but am searching for a complete list of differences between the two)

if anyone could direct me to resources that might help me, or have any code that might help, it would be greatly appreciated. I am starting from scratch with the new version of Snitz 3.4.02

thank you.<

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2002 :  02:59:32  Show Profile
I believe one of our Admins/Developer tried to get Snitz Forums working with an Oracle database. I mean, he really tried. But he ran into the problem with BLOB fields. I am sure if you search and read some of the archives you would see some of his posts (his username is Gor). But if you manage to somehow get Snitz to work with an Oracle database good luck. I don't think any of the developers here know much about the Oracle database (except Gor, but he has retired) to give you expertise advise on it. BUT I may be wrong. Mostly help would come from other users.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2002 :  07:23:35  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
I think I remember someone having installed 3.3.0x on Oracle successfully. Maybe try a search on Oracle on all forums and see if you can find the posts.<

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too

Edited by - ruirib on 09 September 2002 07:24:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07