Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Custom Avatars 1.3 (Updated 3.4.03)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

BWJM

Canada
193 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2002 :  22:57:55  Show Profile
In topic.asp where you have a list of rM_<blah> = ? or rR_<blah> = ? items, make sure the numbers of them are in order. The top item should be zero and then just count up from there... 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. Make sure you don't skip any numbers and make sure none are duplicated. When you add a Mod, it may involve inserting an item and renumbering the list. I know that cbovis obviously has Active Users installed which does add an item to that list so users without Active Users installed may be out of sync in the numbering.

As I said... just make sure the numbering is right. Start at zero, count up, none missing, no duplicates.

Go to Top of Page

al_iguana

138 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  08:14:02  Show Profile  Visit al_iguana's Homepage
ahhh... yes makes sense.

there was a gap. this mod has three variables, 24, 25, 26. on my list there was no 23. so if we renumber the variables 23, 24, 25 that would work? i'll try it later.

thanks BWJM!! sometimes its the obvious things you miss..

----

Don't Dream It ~ Be It
http://www.peppermintiguana.co.uk/cymrugothic/
Go to Top of Page

Eric915
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  14:51:48  Show Profile
He's got some thing called rR_MSGICON = 22 in there that appears to messup the array count.
Go to Top of Page

Eric915
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  14:54:39  Show Profile
I changed the numbers to 23, 24, 25 and am still getting the error msg.
Go to Top of Page

Eric915
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  15:17:15  Show Profile
ok, something with the arrays is really funky. I enabled signatures and dynamic signatures and now I am not getting the error msg again.

EDIT: I did that because right above that section of the avatar code is an if related to signatures. I think it has to do with the sig field not being included in the select statement if it is disabled. That in turn would throw off the array count by 1 and generate the errors that are being seen.

Edited by - Eric915 on 20 September 2002 15:38:20
Go to Top of Page

BWJM

Canada
193 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  16:20:25  Show Profile
Eric: You are totally correct... When Signatures are DISABLED, the array indices get messed.

Try something like this (of course adjust your numbers appropriately):

rR_DATE = 22
if CanShowSignature = 1 then
	rM_SIG = 23
	if StrShowAvatar = "1" then
		rM_AVATAR = 24
		rM_AVATAR_WIDTH = 25
		rM_AVATAR_HEIGHT = 26
	end if
else
		rM_AVATAR = 23
		rM_AVATAR_WIDTH = 24
		rM_AVATAR_HEIGHT = 25
	end if
end if

The blue code is pre-existing v3.4.02 code. The green stuff is my little work around to get the numbering correct regardless of whether signatures are enabled. The red stuff is just hiliting the numbers.

A further alternative could be to force the Signature field (and all other conditionals) to appear in the SQL Query and thus the Data Array. The if-then could be applied later to prevent or force showing of the signature, avatar, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Andreyko-zp
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  06:45:11  Show Profile  Send Andreyko-zp an ICQ Message  Send Andreyko-zp a Yahoo! Message
I solve this problem. Just do this
//move to the one step up - and got code like this:

-------------

rR_LAST_EDITBY = 18
rR_SIG = 19
rR_STATUS = 20
rR_DATE = 21
'#######Avatar Start########
rM_AVATAR = 22
rM_AVATAR_WIDTH = 23
rM_AVATAR_HEIGHT = 24
end if
'#######Avatar End##########
rM_SIG = 25
end if

for iForum = 0 to iReplyCount
----------

Edited by - Andreyko-zp on 21 September 2002 06:56:40
Go to Top of Page

al_iguana

138 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  12:22:44  Show Profile  Visit al_iguana's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Andreyko-zp

I solve this problem. Just do this
//move to the one step up - and got code like this:

-------------

rR_LAST_EDITBY = 18
rR_SIG = 19
rR_STATUS = 20
rR_DATE = 21
'#######Avatar Start########
rM_AVATAR = 22
rM_AVATAR_WIDTH = 23
rM_AVATAR_HEIGHT = 24
end if
'#######Avatar End##########
rM_SIG = 25
end if

for iForum = 0 to iReplyCount
----------

that would cause problems. if your avatar wasn't set (avatar =0) but your signature was (signature = 1) the you would effectively have:

rR_DATE = 21
rM_SIG = 25

leaving a big number gap between the two. use BWJM's solution instead.

----

Don't Dream It ~ Be It
http://www.peppermintiguana.co.uk/cymrugothic/
Go to Top of Page

BWJM

Canada
193 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  13:27:28  Show Profile
al_iguana is correct. Andreyko-zp your solution would cause problems in that case. Until someone can develop a better fix than mine, please use the one I have suggested above.

Go to Top of Page

cbovis

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  13:57:27  Show Profile
thanks for the feedback guys, i have an idea using adreyos fix, gonna go implement it and try out.

Thanks

DJNeuphoria

Go to Top of Page

cbovis

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  17:31:36  Show Profile
I have now updated the mod, the two bugs concerning the array and details not showing when modifying a member have been fixed and proper documentation has been included for installation instructions telling you line numbers and what to insert.

*Update* Added modified files into directory in zip for clean installs *update*

Thanks

DJNeuphoria

Edited by - cbovis on 21 September 2002 17:36:13
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  17:36:14  Show Profile
Dumb question (maybe) .... is this statement correct ? "With this mod the users have the ability to choose from a list of avatars installed by the Admin. They can design their own, host the avatar on their web site, and use that avatar in the forums as well."

I'm trying to find which avatar mod to go with, realising that most of my users will not be able to design their own, and other will want a new one every day.
Go to Top of Page

cbovis

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  17:38:03  Show Profile
currently u cannot set a list of forum avatars in this mod you can only link to an external one. That is perhaps a future improvement for the mod.

Also in the future i want to add upload functionality for the mod so watch this space.

Thanks

DJNeuphoria

Go to Top of Page

BWJM

Canada
193 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  20:53:42  Show Profile
cbovis, in the instructions, would it be wise to instruct the user to adjust the numbers on those array items properly? This is especially a concern where they might have a few mods installed.

Further, I've noticed something that may cause a problem:

strSql = strSql & ", R.R_LAST_EDITBY, R.R_SIG, R.R_STATUS, R.R_DATE"
		strSql = strSql & ", M.M_SIG"
	end if
	strSQL = strSQL & ", M.M_Avatar, M.M_AVATAR_WIDTH, M.M_AVATAR_HEIGHT"
	strSql2 = " FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS M, " & strActivePrefix & "REPLY R "

If I'm not mistaken, your avatar items should be listed BEFORE the M.M_SIG item so that the array indices specified later will agree. Again, if the forum has signatures disabled, the avatars would work and the indices would be correct however if the forum has signatures enabled, the value of rM_AVATAR would point to M.M_SIG, the value of rM_AVATAR_WIDTH would point to M.M_Avatar, the value of rM_AVATAR_HEIGHT would point to M.M_AVATAR_WIDTH and the value of rM_SIG would point to M.M_AVATAR_HEIGHT.

The end result of this snafu would probably be a bunch of Type Mismatch errors and/or broken links on the avatars and/or odd numbers being displayed in the signature area.

Go to Top of Page

cbovis

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  02:52:19  Show Profile
i see what u mean, occurs on the replies. Will go fix now.

Thanks

DJNeuphoria

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07