New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  08:31:16  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
Description:
This MOD makes it possible to restrict a forum to topic replies only for ordinary members. Moderators and Admins will be the only ones able to post new topics to the forum.
(Not the entire website forum, just a topic forum)

Version: 1.0
Compatability: Snitz v3.4.02/v3.4.03

You can post questions regarding this mod, to this topic or at:
http://rambach.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4

[ Download Link ]

Edits:
1. This MOD is also compatible with v3.4.03

Edited by - seven on 29 October 2002 11:40:06

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  10:01:14  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
This sounds similar to the Posting Restriction mod for earlier forum versions. Do plan to increase the posting options? For example, only Admins can start a new topic, and only admins/moderators (or only admins) can post replies?

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod

Edited by - masterao on 08 September 2002 10:01:45
Go to Top of Page

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  10:28:19  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
I never used the posting restrictions mod. I developed this MOD for a specific need for a snitz forum based website, no plans for additions except to make it compatible with future releases.

I think this type of MOD would be great to use in an announcements type forum.

quote:
Originally posted by masterao

This sounds similar to the Posting Restriction mod for earlier forum versions. Do plan to increase the posting options? For example, only Admins can start a new topic, and only admins/moderators (or only admins) can post replies?

Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  10:47:08  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Thanks for the info, airilm. Im using the posting restriction mod, and I was curious if this was an update or a new mod. Im currently using 3.3.05 on my site, and Im going to update when most of the mods I use are updated.

You are correct that this is a great mod for announcements (and news forums where you display the posts outside the forum).

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2002 :  22:49:28  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
airilm,

I wanted you to know that I have installed this mod in my version of ServerHacker's portal, along with some changes which also allow article only forums (not publically visable, but replyable (is that a word???))

What this allowed was better use of @tomics content manager, that being folks can make comments to articles, but the articles are hidden from the public.

An additional benefit was the events calendar now doesn't require public forums to list events, or private ones which result in access denied errors when the user clicks the links.

Now this is completely beta, and in need of tightening up, but I was waiting to see when @tomic releases his new article manager, as this might make some of this obsolete.

But if you are interested in what is going on (and I've credited you within the work I've done , please visit serverhacker.com for more info. Just search for my topics.

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2002 :  09:03:14  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
Thanks for the update...

quote:
Originally posted by Huntress

airilm,

I wanted you to know that I have installed this mod in my version of ServerHacker's portal, along with some changes which also allow article only forums (not publically visable, but replyable (is that a word???))

What this allowed was better use of @tomics content manager, that being folks can make comments to articles, but the articles are hidden from the public.

An additional benefit was the events calendar now doesn't require public forums to list events, or private ones which result in access denied errors when the user clicks the links.

Now this is completely beta, and in need of tightening up, but I was waiting to see when @tomic releases his new article manager, as this might make some of this obsolete.

But if you are interested in what is going on (and I've credited you within the work I've done , please visit serverhacker.com for more info. Just search for my topics.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07