Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

user_99
Starting Member

Austria
10 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2002 :  13:53:23  Show Profile
Thanks for the MOD, burthold. Works great!

armin
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2002 :  23:26:57  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
You are very welcome!

Wes
Go to Top of Page

schwenz
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  12:23:31  Show Profile  Visit schwenz's Homepage
Hello,

I'm trying to add this mod to my forum. It's v 3.4.03.
CCI forum

I'm just unclear with the install instructions, probably because I know absolutely no ASP.

quote:
Insert this into admin_home.asp

vbNewLine & _
around line 93 you will find this:
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""javascript:openWindow3('admin_config_badwords.asp')"">Bad Word Filter Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _

insert BEFORE the above line!
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_newspost.asp"">Add News</a></LI>" &

I can find the admin_config_badwords.asp) line, but I'm not sure where you want me to put the

vbNewLine & _

stuff.
Any help would be appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

schwenz
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  12:50:17  Show Profile  Visit schwenz's Homepage
NM

The text must have been screwed up in the readme. I made the line look like the others around it and this fixed it. I'm not sure if the actual ReadMe file is wrong, or my text reader, but you might want to check to make sure. it SHOULD read like so:

" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""javascript:openWindow3('admin_config_badwords.asp')"">Bad Word Filter Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _

" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_newspost.asp"">Add News</a></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  12:58:49  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by schwenz

NM

The text must have been screwed up in the readme. I made the line look like the others around it and this fixed it. I'm not sure if the actual ReadMe file is wrong, or my text reader, but you might want to check to make sure. it SHOULD read like so:

" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_newspost.asp"">Add News</a></LI>" & vbNewLine & _

all you need t do is add
anywhere in the nave, dont matter where.
I think the readme is wrong cos it was not made for the new way the forum is coded.

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

schwenz
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  15:21:10  Show Profile  Visit schwenz's Homepage
Got it working all pretty-like:
Conquistador Coffee Forums

Nice mod, It's greatly usefull and only has two small changes. Now I just need to figure out how to get the Poll mod and Avatar mod working and I'm all set.

That poll mod one is insane though. I'm still cleaning exploding head bits off the keyboard from the last time I tried to do it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  16:30:54  Show Profile
Burthold -

Thanks for this MOD...really nice and modular.. Bit late to post a message but modified 3.3.3 ver to be fully compatible with V4b03.003 and working well. Posted a V4b03.003 compatible version at SnitzBitz. (Oh yes, it is also working well with V3.3.04 forum... I like this MOD! and it suits well with my needs!!!!)

Aloha

Taku

Edited by - n/a on 25 November 2002 16:34:01
Go to Top of Page

portajohn
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2002 :  18:21:05  Show Profile  Visit portajohn's Homepage
error '80020009'
Exception occurred.
/forum/inc_news_body.asp, line 36

inc_header.asp loads up fine, then i get this error, then the news box shows up. nothing else. is there a way to fix this? my host doesn't allow "on error resume next". when that line is not commented out, everything loads up fine.
Go to Top of Page

LightWeb
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  13:04:30  Show Profile  Visit LightWeb's Homepage  Send LightWeb an AOL message
Does anyone know how to change the time with this MOD? For some reason it is posting the wrong time. However when I post a message in a forum, it is correct. Thanks in advance for your help!

~ Tod

Edited by - LightWeb on 14 December 2002 18:43:47
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2003 :  01:54:16  Show Profile
HI,
I'm using the Front Page Mod Ver.1.6 on snitz 3.4.03. May I know how and where to change the Date format on the default page to dd/mm/yyyy instead of the current mm/dd/yyyy?

Thank you.
Chris Yew
Go to Top of Page

luxano
Starting Member

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2003 :  04:33:41  Show Profile  Visit luxano's Homepage
Change this statement in inc_news_body.asp around line #25:

response.write"<TR><td bordercolor=""Black"" align=center bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """ valign=""top""><font face=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Date:"&cstr(left(StrToDate(strDate),instr(StrToDate(strDate)," ")))&"</font></td></tr>"

with this:

response.write"<TR><td bordercolor=""Black"" align=center bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """ valign=""top""><font face=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Date: "&left(ChkDate(strDate, "" ,false),10)&"</font></td></tr>"

LuxAnO

Edited by - luxano on 20 January 2003 04:49:55
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2003 :  08:16:21  Show Profile
Thanks Luxano,it works! But I think "&left(ChkDate(strDate, "" ,false),10)&" should be "&left(ChkDate(strDate, "" ,false),11)&"

Chris Yew
Go to Top of Page

luxano
Starting Member

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2003 :  09:17:34  Show Profile  Visit luxano's Homepage
dd/mm/yyyy it's 10 digits not 11, I've strike out the Time

LuxAnO

Edited by - luxano on 31 January 2003 02:59:39
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2003 :  19:48:17  Show Profile
But if I put 10 instead of 11, the year will be displayed as 200 instead of 2003. I guess because the mm is in Jan instead of the numbers 01. So that will probably make it to 11 digit.
Go to Top of Page

Ienaris
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  15:30:37  Show Profile  Send Ienaris an ICQ Message
My host is also not allowing me to use the on error resume next. It suggests the use of on error goto 0. How do i work around this problem ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07