Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

johnnylau99
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  00:54:21  Show Profile
burthold£¬ i am using your mod v1.6 in snitz 3.4.03£¬but every time when i want to go to admin_newspost.asp, it will give me a "HTTP 500 - internal error "page, since i am a beginner, i can't figure out what's wrong.

you mentined if clear the dirty cash, could you kindly tell me how to clear it?
thanks!
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  01:12:07  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
on your web browser go to tools->internet
options->advanced and turn off "Show friendly http
error messages" it will give you more detail on the error.
Go to Top of Page

johnnylau99
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  05:51:24  Show Profile
thanks

Microsoft VBScript compiler error. error '800a03ee'

lack ')'

/forum/admin_newspost.asp£¬Line87

tmp = replace(tmp, "?, "'")
------------------------^

what's the problem?
Go to Top of Page

johnnylau99
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  06:06:17  Show Profile
i find out the mistake, and solved the problem,thank you very much£¬burthold£¡
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  12:19:04  Show Profile
I messed up again!

Somehow, during the install of Snitz V3.4.03, I messed up the config.asp and left the three forums all pointing to the first forum. I found the problem and corrected and everything seems okay except for two things. One might be normal, the other definitely isn't.

The first is a little off-topic here, but I'll go ahead anywy and get yelled at later. I have a habit of renaming the dbs files fter I use them. It is a safety so I don't wipe out a database and it is security so no else can do it for me. I renamed the dsb files to done_dbs_xxxxx.asp. Yet they still show up in the MOD setup dropdown box. I thought that dbs had to be the first letters in the file name for them to show up. Is that incorrect?

Second, and most depressing, I can't get the Front Page News to show up on the first forum. This is one of the easiest MODs to install as it is very little aleteration to the standard Snitz files. Love it. And it is especially easy to fix problems when they occur. I've checked the files and the includes are there. I've checked the Add News options and all is good. As a matter of fact, the news items show up in the delete box so I know it is finding them. Would you please advise where I should start looking to fix this. Or do I need to redo the database and start over.

Thanks for the help. Looking to get this fixed so life will be back to normal. (Yeah, like it ever was normal. )

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  13:35:23  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
Don't know where to point you. The admin page runs almost the same query as the news page as far as pulling news. can you point me to your forums so I can take a peak at what it looks like? Nothing is being displayed on the front page at all? I would think about deleting the news tables and re running the dbs and just see what happens it may be a forum not pointing to the right forum error.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  15:22:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by burthold

can you point me to your forums so I can take a peak at what it looks like? Nothing is being displayed on the front page at all? I would think about deleting the news tables and re running the dbs and just see what happens it may be a forum not pointing to the right forum error.

Wes

http://www.troyadventist.org/tsdac/forum

Let me know if you need more access. We'll get you registered and I can assign you to be an admin. Let me know.

Weird. Luckily I don't have much in there and I can easily rebuild it. I'll be more careful from now on. The problem is that I have to apply a version using all the vars pointing to the new forum. Example, I have to run setup.asp as

strTablePrefix = "FORUM3_"
strMemberTablePrefix = "FORUM3_"
strFilterTablePrefix = "FORUM3_" 'used for BADWORDS and NAMEFILTER tables

Then I have to change the vars to

strTablePrefix = "FORUM3_"
strMemberTablePrefix = "FORUM_"
strFilterTablePrefix = "FORUM_" 'used for BADWORDS and NAMEFILTER tables

to be able to use the same members table and filter tables. It is not a big deal; it just takes memory, something that I am losing!

Thanks for the help. I can rebuild it after you look at it. Just let me know when you are done peeking.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  17:27:37  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
Well front page news uses strTablePrefix now it use to use strMemberTablePrefix in the include file. You may want to look at that or download the latest version.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  18:05:45  Show Profile
quote:

Well front page news uses strTablePrefix now it use to use strMemberTablePrefix in the include file. You may want to look at that or download the latest version.

Wes

I had manually changed all of them when I discovered the the problem. HOWEVER, I did find one line unchanged. I don't know if I messed up the files during the upgrade or just plain missed it. In any case, I changed it and uploaded it, refreshed the page, and it still did not work.

I'm going to go ahead and rebuild the database. Hopefully that will do it.

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  20:20:07  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
I would give that a go. The mod is super simple.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2002 :  00:52:39  Show Profile
quote:

I would give that a go. The mod is super simple.

Wes

I agree! That i why I like it.

Well, I redid the database and reentered one news item. Same thing. So I altered the beginning of inc_news_body as follows.

if strNewsItems =< 0 then
	strNewsItems = 4
end if

Response.Write vbnewline & "**strNewsState=" & strNewsState & "**" & vbnewline

if strNewsState = 1 then

The results was

**strNewsState=**

strNewsState is blank. Yet, when I go to Add News it shows news is on. Any thoughts about what to try next?

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2002 :  01:00:02  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
comment out on error resume next and see what the error is. It runs a querry at the top of the page to pull the news state if for some reason that isn't working it would prevent it from showing.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2002 :  02:09:21  Show Profile
quote:

comment out on error resume next and see what the error is. It runs a querry at the top of the page to pull the news state if for some reason that isn't working it would prevent it from showing.

Wes

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Okay, here is what happened.

I figuredit must be something in the database. Had to be. So I downloaded the database and found the news_config record was actually two records for some reason. One rec had a blank and the other record had a one. I deleted the second record and put a 1 in the blank spot. Then I uploaded it. Still didn't work. Came back here to let you know what happenedand I saw your message. So I commented the on error and foudn my problem. I went from memory on the change from strMember to strTable and spelled it wrong. So I fixed it everywhere and uploaded the inc_news_body files and now it works.

I'll try to remember that trick. It wasn't doing what I thought because the on error took over and made the result look different.

Going to bed so I can get some sleep for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

anadolubjk
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2002 :  02:46:34  Show Profile
Hi,
My forum version is 3.3.05
I install it, it seems to working good. But I can't see any news in the front page, and when I try to turn on front page news, I get this error...
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.
News Deleted!

Congratulations!

What is it?

Edited by - anadolubjk on 08 October 2002 02:47:23
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2002 :  02:52:53  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
I'd uninstall the 3.3.x version of the news forum for now. I haven't addressed any bugs in it in a while. I will be updating all of my old 3.3.x mods in the next couple of weeks.

Wes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07