Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  11:06:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by masterao

Do you mean Unknown location or Invalid Location?

Invalid location occurs if a visitor is on a page that he shouldn't be at. It is usually the querystring which doesn't have the right information or the member is trying to do something which he isn't allowed to.

I haven't had this problem myself, as I don't have a live forum with 3.4 yet (still using 3.3.05), so I cannot help you without more info. Is it happening a lot or only once in a while?

No, it's Unknown Location. I haven't seen "Invalid Location". I would be a little more concerned with that kind of page display in the Active Users. It's just once in while: meaning once or twice a day.

Thanks,

Jason
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  11:17:32  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Hmm, Im a bit stumped on this one. Unknown Location isn't defined in the version of Active Users that I have, so Im wondering if this is something that you have added to your version.

By default, if the page that a visitor last loaded isn't defined in the WhatPage function, AU will display the file-name without the file extension as the name for that page.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  12:08:20  Show Profile
Yea, it will display pages that I have added to my site that are not files in the default package. For example I have built my whole site around the forums software. Just like the my main page is forums/index.asp. In the AU Panel it states that a user is on Index. I just don't know why it would give my unknown location if they are on a page that I added since the AU will display those pages. I think I will dig around in the files and see if I can find anything. The working example to what I'm talking about is also on my Test Forums. This is so you can see how I intergrated the my site around the forums software.

Thanks, I also forgot that you were running the 3.3 version.

Jason
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  14:06:39  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Jason, you could add your non-forum pages to the function WhatPage in active_users.asp. That way, you won't get the filename as name for the page.

If you do that, you will also have to add new strings in the lang-file.

If you have a lot of pages in your site, it will be some work until your'e done. The neat part is that you can really customize AU to be integrated with your site.

As for the Unknown Location, you must have added that part into the script, as it isn't there originally, only Invalid Location.

I hope that you will be able to solve it.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  14:39:00  Show Profile
I'll look into it. That's a good idea!

Thanks for the help,

edit, man that worked like a charm and didn't take that long to do. Now after updating the Lang 1033 file and the active_users.asp I can see the location without the file name. Great tip and thanks.

One question. Since I have the Private Messaging installed and it also shows the file name as the location. Can I make multiple files names for just one name. Example: take pm_view.asp & privateread.asp and have them on one Lang # to read Private Message Panel. Or do I have to individually place all these file with there own Lang #?

example:

case "pm_view.asp, privateread.asp"
      strPage = strPage & fLang(strLangMOD_Ls3kAU_01169)

Jason

Edited by - GenerationEdge on 11 September 2002 15:40:19
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  16:47:19  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Your welcome, Jason.

Yep, that works, but you must do it like this:

case "pm_view.asp", "privateread.asp"

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  17:46:16  Show Profile
Alright, Thanks!

Jason
Go to Top of Page

brujo
Average Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  01:41:18  Show Profile  Visit brujo's Homepage
Downloaded the 3.4.02 snitz and installed a number of mods without too much problem at all.

I then cam to the latest Active User Mod - and tried installing it.

Unfortunately cant get it to work.

On the admin_home.asp page I get the following message :

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/forum1/admin_home.asp, line 131

<LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_members.asp"">Member Details Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
^

On the default.asp page I also get the following error in what should be the Active User panel :

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'fLang'

/forum1/inc_activeusers.asp, line 141

has anyone had similar problems.

Using 3.4.02

I have done many searches - but cannot find a similar error message related to the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

brujo

p.s. I believe I followed the instructions with the AU mod fully to the letter...

Edited by - brujo on 12 September 2002 01:42:25
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  04:01:18  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Brujo, the first error is probably from a missing " before the <LI>-tag, also check that the line above that ends with a & _.

The other error has been reported a multitude of times before. Make sure that you have added the entire piece of code that should go into config.asp (it's the last instruction in the readme.html, consisting of both code and an include).

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

brujo
Average Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  11:07:37  Show Profile  Visit brujo's Homepage
I did make the changes you stated for the ADMIN HOME page - as I had tried that previously.

When I put these in - I get the following error Message :

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/forum1/admin_home.asp, line 128

if strAuthType = "nt" then
^

The code in that particular part of admin_home.asp is as follows now (lines 126 to 154)

" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_system.asp"">Main Forum Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_features.asp"">Feature Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
Response.Write " <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_NT_features.asp"">Feature NT Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
end if
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_members.asp"">Member Details Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_ranks.asp"">Ranking Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_datetime.asp"">Server Date/Time Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_email.asp"">Email Server Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_colors.asp"">Font/Table Color Code Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""javascript:openWindow3('admin_config_badwords.asp')"">Bad Word Filter Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""javascript:openWindow3('admin_config_namefilter.asp')"">UserName Filter Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""javascript:openWindow3('admin_config_order.asp')"">Category/Forum Order Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_activeusers.asp"">" & fLang(strLangMOD_Ls3kAU_05000) & "</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" </UL></p>" & vbNewLine & _
" </font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgcolor=""" & strForumCellColor & """ valign=""top""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """>" & vbNewLine & _
" <p><b>Other Configuration Options and Features:</b>" & vbNewLine & _
" <UL>" & vbNewLine
if strEmailVal = "1" then Response.Write(" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_accounts_pending.asp"">Members Pending</a></span> <font size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """>(" & User_Count & ")</font></LI>" & vbNewLine)
Response.Write " <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_moderators.asp"">Moderator Setup</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_emaillist.asp"">E-mail List</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_info.asp"">Server Information</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_variable_info.asp"">Forum Variables Information</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_count.asp"">Update Forum Counts</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine
if strArchiveState = "1" then Response.Write(" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_forums.asp"">Archive Forum Topics</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine)
Response.Write " <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_groupcats.asp"">Group Categories Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_mod_dbsetup.asp"">MOD Setup</a></span><font size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """> (<span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_mod_dbsetup2.asp"">Alternative MOD Setup</a></span>)</font></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""setup.asp"">Check Installation</a></span><font size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """><b> (Run after each upgrade !)</b></font></LI>" & vbNewLine & _

Thanks for any advice

best regards

brujo
v3.4.02
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  12:24:56  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Remove the code marked red and add the code marked blue. That should fix your problem (this block of code is the first eight lines of the block of code that you provided).

" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_system.asp"">Main Forum Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_features.asp"">Feature Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
Response.Write " <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_NT_features.asp"">Feature NT Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
end if
response.write 
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_members.asp"">Member Details Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _
" <LI><span class=""spnMessageText""><a href=""admin_config_ranks.asp"">Ranking Configuration</a></span></LI>" & vbNewLine & _

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

brujo
Average Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  14:05:04  Show Profile  Visit brujo's Homepage
Many thanks Jan

brujo
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  16:00:25  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Im glad you got it working, brujo.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

brujo
Average Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  18:53:00  Show Profile  Visit brujo's Homepage
I apologise if I have missed it here somewhere -

but I cant seem to find it - was Generation Edge's Shadowing problem ever resolved ??

I am having the same ghost effect and have tried a number of things to get rid of the duplicate IP shadows - but to no avail.

V3.4.02 Acc2000mdb

many thanks

brujo
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2002 :  03:59:21  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Yes, you can find the fix here.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.51 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07