Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Danomatic
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  09:56:54  Show Profile
Great mod. Using AU 4.0.17 on Snitz 3.4.0.3. Works just fine for me except for two items.

1. Ghosting problem which has been addressed with previous posts in this thread. I'll consider it solved.

2. Active Users doesn't seem to "let go" of members that don't actually hit the Logout button. It keeps counting up the minutes until they actually log out and then log back in.

What section of code would this function preside and I'll check my code first. I'll link you to the actual files if I can't get it resolved.

Thanks a bunch. Great group in here.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  17:45:53  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
What have you set the timeout value for? Everytime a member views a page, the AU-table is updated for that member. If another member views a page, the AU-table is updated again, but adding online time for each member. When a member's online time equals the timeout value, they will be removed as online. If you have set the timout value to 100 minutes, each member will appear to be online for 100 minutes after they last viewed a page.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

betheball
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  18:05:01  Show Profile
This is actually a basic ASP question, but since I saw it done in this Mod, I'll ask it here. I noticed in the Active_Users table in the DB that the time a user logs in is recorded in a text field, not date & time. Why is it done that way? Also, what code in Active_Users.asp converts the text back into date & time?

- Duane

"So I got that going for me, which is nice." - Carl Spackler
Go to Top of Page

Danomatic
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  21:17:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by masterao

What have you set the timeout value for? Everytime a member views a page, the AU-table is updated for that member. If another member views a page, the AU-table is updated again, but adding online time for each member. When a member's online time equals the timeout value, they will be removed as online. If you have set the timout value to 100 minutes, each member will appear to be online for 100 minutes after they last viewed a page.

masterao... Thank you. I didn't fully understand how the timeout worked. Your explanation cleared it up and made sense of what was going on.

The mod is now working perfectly.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2002 :  00:45:23  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
No problems, Danomatic. Im glad I could be of assistance.

betheball, the au-mod uses the forum functions for easy handling of dates as a string (as the date is to be easily formated into all different display variants (ddmmyy, mmddyy, yyyymmdd, and so on).. If you want to look it up, check Sub ActiveUserTracker() which is added into inc_func_common.asp.
You can also find function DateToStr(dtDateTime) in inc_func_common.asp.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

Cyberjunkie

111 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2002 :  11:43:16  Show Profile
Hi there...great MOD :)

I just have one tiny problem..I cant see the Active users panel on the default.asp page?? Yes I have turned the feture on from the admin menu. If I just enter active_users.asp from my browser address bar, I get redirected to default.asp??

Can anyone help plz
Go to Top of Page

Cyberjunkie

111 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  12:25:17  Show Profile
Still cant see the active users panel :( I am using the latest Snitz forum version
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  14:53:18  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
That sounds like session-variables isn't saved. Did you add everything into config.asp? Easiest way to check is to Log into Admin Section, check Forum Variables Information and search for strAUPAllow. If you don't find it, you have missed to add some code to config.asp.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

Cyberjunkie

111 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  17:43:28  Show Profile
Thanx, I seached the variables page, and found the strAUPAllow keyword beside it is the number 4, dont what that means. I have also included the inc_activeuser.asp file in the default.asp page. But nada is happening. There is no option in the profile page to choose to be shown as active or anonymous etc.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  18:00:38  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
The 4 means that everyone should see the AU-panel. Login to your Admin Section and click Check Installation. That will reload all session variables, and hopefully fix your problem.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

Cyberjunkie

111 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  18:08:14  Show Profile
It didnt work :(
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  18:11:58  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Which options have you set in the AU Config page and what are they?

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

Cyberjunkie

111 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  18:17:22  Show Profile
Well the active users config page gets reset everytime I enter it..is that supposed to happen? I have set the timeout to 12 and the AU panel is set so that everyone can see it.
Active Users Panel in Separate Table: On
Active Users Panel Collapsible : On ...etc.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  18:21:03  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
When you ran dbs_activeusers.asp, did you get any errors?

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

Cyberjunkie

111 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  18:48:06  Show Profile
Nope it all went well..I am using an access database and had installed the previous version of the active user mod. There were to tables which were already in the database other then that everything went well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07