Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 hidden board that all users can access...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vweyes

74 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  20:38:03  Show Profile
basically, I want to have a board that all the users can access, but it wouldn't show up on the main forum page (default.asp).

If you're wondering why I want this, it is because I am thinking of offering clans a board on my forums, but I really don't want them all cluttered on the default.asp

Forums: rtcw.gamespage.com

Edited by - vweyes on 23 August 2002 20:38:46

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  20:44:01  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
So where would this hidden forum show if not on default.asp? Besides, there is no clutter if they're hidden.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

vweyes

74 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  21:11:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

So where would this hidden forum show if not on default.asp? Besides, there is no clutter if they're hidden.

@tomic

they would show on the clan's website...

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  21:31:52  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
You mean on another server?

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

vweyes

74 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  21:49:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

You mean on another server?

@tomic

no... let me try to explain it better.

I want to have a board, just like the other boards on the forum, but I just don't want anyone to be able to see it on the main forum page (default.asp), but I still want everyone (including annonymous users) to see it.

Edited by - vweyes on 23 August 2002 21:49:51
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  21:54:28  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
So you want a forum page like default_clan_name.asp that either through an admin page or by hard coding it only allows one forum or category to be displayed even though all members can access it?

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  00:34:51  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
I'm gonna write a MOD for this, soon. Its basically a hidden flag this will not display the forum on the default, active, forum pages.

My use and I believe its similar to yours, is that it will be for a particular part of the site, which everyone will have access to, through that part of the site, not visible anywhere else.

I think there was a checkbox for a hidden flag in 3.1SR4, but i never saw it again.
Go to Top of Page

vweyes

74 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  00:54:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by snaayk

I'm gonna write a MOD for this, soon. Its basically a hidden flag this will not display the forum on the default, active, forum pages.

My use and I believe its similar to yours, is that it will be for a particular part of the site, which everyone will have access to, through that part of the site, not visible anywhere else.

I think there was a checkbox for a hidden flag in 3.1SR4, but i never saw it again.

yes, that is exactly what I want... post when you finish it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.46 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07