Search Engine / Pay-Per-Click
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawdzee

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  01:27:36  Show Profile
has anyone tried to incorporate some sort of Pay-Per-Click into the Classifieds / Links MODs.

Here is a link to a similar (Non-ASP) product:
http://www.mewsoft.com/Products/NetEngine/Features.html

However, I would be fantastic if all this could be incorporated in Snitz.

Any ideas?

be well, shawdzee

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  08:24:21  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
has anyone tried to incorporate some sort of Pay-Per-Click into the Classifieds / Links MODs.

What exactly are you looking for? A banner MOD? There are several banner scripts available in scripting sites that may work.

Go to Top of Page

shawdzee

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  12:49:26  Show Profile
I want to incorporate pay-per-click into the classifieds MOD.

Here is the idea:
In each category the list of ads are sorted based on their BID amount (not alphabetically). And, the system would log the number of hits they got, and reduce their piggy bank accordingly.

be well, shawdzee
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  13:42:10  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
In each category the list of ads are sorted based on their BID amount (not alphabetically). And, the system would log the number of hits they got, and reduce their piggy bank accordingly.

Oh ok. There for a minute when I saw BID, I was thinking auction, but after i reread it, it still sounds like what a banner script would do. I've been tinkering with a couple of scripts like that for my site. There's one from thewebhut called web banners that seems to work pretty well. It not only displays banners, but logs the clicks-thrus and monitors impressions left. The sponsors/clients also have a logon to track their own stats also. You can read about it here: http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/3333.html . Also, I don't think this one has it, but some banner scripts also include a 'weight' on the ad to determine how often the ad appears. You'll have to do some tweaking aka coding, but you should be able to pull some ideas from this script to get what you want.

Edited by - alex042 on 23 August 2002 13:44:05
Go to Top of Page

shawdzee

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  14:17:12  Show Profile
Thanks Alex,

I'll give them a try. I don't mind the coding part, I just don't want to reinvent the wheel.

be well, shawdzee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07