MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 SpellChecker a la 3.4
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2002 :  22:53:59  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I haven't seen any posts about upgrading the SpellChecker to 3.4 and it's one of the most popular as I know a lot of people use it on my site. It bloats the log files like you cannot imagine.

I can give a crack at it but I think this MOD would be better if it could somehow suggest a word or words. Highlighting the words more like in the search would be better than just underlining it in my opinion.

Can anyone else think of anything that might improve this MOD

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  00:18:11  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Richard pointed me to this "iespell" which works Great! and it's no load on the forum or db :)

Test Site:
EastPasco Huw's Code 3.3.10 SQL 2000
Huwr's Modified Code
Email
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  20:49:09  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
I downloaded & installed ieSpell a little over a week ago ... it's great. Works wonderfully in Snitz [ignoring forum tags], and just about anywhere your Internet travels take you!

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  20:50:55  Show Profile
I personally think it should be a built-in function of the browser, maybe it will be someday.
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  21:31:07  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

I personally think it should be a built-in function of the browser, maybe it will be someday.

I agree, ever since I've used ieSpell it just started to make sense that it should be integrated. it functions just like the spell checker in MS Word and Corel WordPerfect so naturally you would think Web Browsers would start using this technology.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07