MODs v3.4 Upgrade Features Suggestions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  13:19:20  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
There are a few features I'd like to see in the MODs that may or may not currently be there, but thought I'd mention them now before all of the MODs have been updated. If there are other features others would like to see, leave your suggestions.

Ban IP -> IP Control : Expand to include exclusive IP access allowing specified IPs to access restricted pages, add IP logging

Calendar + Birthday + Holiday = Calendar MOD : Add event registration ability with PayPal payment option, forum features to include smilies & moderation

Classifieds : forum features to include smilies & moderation + start/end dates, image, category icons

Greeting Cards : forum features to include badwords filter & smilies + pickup ID(random password), pickup notification, delayed send (start/end date), expiration, cards sent log, sound & images, email syntax check for non-members

Guestbook : forum features to include badword filter and smilies + IP logging, email syntax check, thank you email option

Links Manager : forum features to include smilies & moderation + category icons, new link cutoff date w/ new link icon

Newsletter : Multi-lists to allow unlimited number of newsletters, email syntax check for non-members, active/inactive subscribers list, thank you email option

Pager + Buddy = Pager MOD : last login date, online status

Photo Album : moderation, dynamic through directory listing option, popup window option, ratings option w/ poll features described here

Polls : forum features to include smilies & moderation, ip & member vote logging, unlimited options/choices, active/inactive featured poll, start/end dates. Statistics.

Btw, I have some scripts that do bits & pieces of these features if that would help MOD authors. Some of these 'test' scripts are already running on my site.

Edited by - alex042 on 22 August 2002 23:53:15

shawdzee

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  01:34:56  Show Profile
try: http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp

Almost all of your wishes could be granted at Snitz Exchange

be well, shawdzee
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  02:39:44  Show Profile
Yes, but not in v.3.4 I think
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  08:10:33  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Almost all of your wishes could be granted at Snitz Exchange

Currently, I don't believe most of the MODs have ALL of the features I've wanted in them. Instead of modifying the MODs myself, I'd rather see the features integrated into the MODs when I get them. It just makes for less maintenance in the future.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2002 :  02:18:03  Show Profile
quote:
Ban IP -> IP Control : Expand to include exclusive IP access allowing specified IPs to access restricted pages, add IP logging
Those features sounds extensive. It won't be going into the version for the 3.4, but considered for a future version.
quote:
Polls : forum features to include smilies & moderation, ip & member vote logging, unlimited options/choices, active/inactive featured poll, start/end dates. Statistics.
Smilies? Moderation? Can't you do that already?

IP and Member voting logging? You mean log who voted? I could probably show which member voted. But I can't add that in the next release as I have been working on it for too long and want to get it out ASAP.

Unlimited options/choices: no. That would be a nightmare. Imagine a poll with 100 or 500 choices? Not to mention they set that as a featured poll? You can create it as an add-on for the poll mod.

Start/end dates: Something I would consider, but I hate working with dates. Always a problem with dates and different local settings for each server. I'll put it on my to-do list, but won't be in the next version.

Statistics: no. I am avoiding to turn this simple poll add-on into a full featured poll script.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07