Bug or Design
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  16:08:24  Show Profile
I have both e-mail validation and restrict registration set on in the e-mail config display. I registered myself as a user (not as admin) and I got the member pending. I approved and the member was accepted. No e-mail went out to me. I had my ID, password, and e-mail address. I hope this is not design because I could be getting fake addresses.

Thanks.

Mike

sy
Average Member

United Kingdom
638 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  17:17:27  Show Profile  Visit sy's Homepage  Send sy a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelA

I have both e-mail validation and restrict registration set on in the e-mail config display. I registered myself as a user (not as admin) and I got the member pending. I approved and the member was accepted. No e-mail went out to me. I had my ID, password, and e-mail address. I hope this is not design because I could be getting fake addresses.

Thanks.

Mike

Have you double checked the mail component and mail server setting?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails

Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  21:59:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sy

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelA

Thanks.

Mike

Have you double checked the mail component and mail server setting?

Yes. Everything is setup okay. As a matter of a fact, I changed the admin e-mail address and a message was sent to the admin e-mail address for verification and replying to the URL.

Also, I've read in other places on the forum that both should not be set on at the same time as the are conflicting logic. I don't think so, as I'd like to restrict who registers but would e-mail address verifcation.

So, why did I turn them both on besides the above reason? From the file

Restrict Registration?
This allows you to choose who is able to register on your forum by approving or rejecting their registration.

Note: You must have the E-mail Validation option turned On to use this feature.

According to the help file BOTH MUST BE TURNED ON!

Okay, so which is correct? One, both? Is the help file accidently wrong? Or was that the way it was original intended?

I can live with either answer; I'd just like to know the answer so I can make the settings correct.

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  22:27:08  Show Profile
when you activate someone's registration for them, no e-mails are sent.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  22:45:43  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Just to clarify a bit more Richard's answer, to approve members and have their emails validated (as I learned just a little while ago ) you should use either the Approve All Pending Members or the Approve Selected Pending Members options. Activating the account skips the email validation process.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07