MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Post Stamp
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2002 :  14:59:02  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
Dayve,

Directed to you since you packaged this

Are you planning on updating this MOD, http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=14694 ?

If you are, leave it for last on your list, I'm going to update it for 3.4 and add a few features. If you like what I do with it you won't have to waste any time on it.

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2002 :  17:55:39  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
this is one of the more popular mods on my site right now (go figure), it was actually done with the help of work_mule when I was running 3.1 and easily converted in 3.3 and probably just as easy in 3.4 since all it really is in general is a counter.

what kind of "features" were you going to implement? one feature I was considering in conjunction with this is the ability for the search feature to be able to search by post stamp number. I sometimes want to see which was the 10,000 or 50,000 post or something along that lines.

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2002 :  18:16:58  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by dayve

this is one of the more popular mods on my site right now (go figure), it was actually done with the help of work_mule when I was running 3.1 and easily converted in 3.3 and probably just as easy in 3.4 since all it really is in general is a counter.

what kind of "features" were you going to implement? one feature I was considering in conjunction with this is the ability for the search feature to be able to search by post stamp number. I sometimes want to see which was the 10,000 or 50,000 post or something along that lines.

Get out of my head!!

I was going to do just that.
for ex:

Post 5 of 5000

If you click on the 5 it will show you just that, post 5. Like the VBulletin does, in the beta that Richard posted. Good for printing isolated posts, like solutions, answers, jokes, etc.

If you click on the 5000 it can do a few things not sure just yet

• All posts by that person, archived and not

• Sorted by post number
    • Broken down into topics, replies
    • Archived and non_archived

Along those lines anyway. Depending, perhaps it will lead to a page and you select the option from there...a pop-up that you select and the the main windows goes there...

The ideas keep coming

If you wanted to run with it, since apparently it seems it may have been a top contender for you, you can go ahead. You know the code better than me.

If not I will be more than happy to do it.
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2002 :  19:03:50  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
sounds cool to me, go for it, let me know if you have any questions.

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2002 :  10:12:15  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
Ok, but I'll have to wait to the official release of 3.4, some of us are not as lucky as others
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2002 :  10:36:40  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
Ah yes, post x of x. I had added that back into the v2.x series but it never made it to the actual base code for some reason. Glad to see someone else took it and ran with it...

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page

James
Average Member

USA
539 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2002 :  21:41:46  Show Profile  Visit James's Homepage
Could this be the precursor to a mod that could take you directly to new posts in a topic, say by clicking on the new post folder icon or something.

*Interested in Radio Control*
*The RC Web Board - http://www.rcwebboard.com/*
Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2002 :  09:14:24  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by James

Could this be the precursor to a mod that could take you directly to new posts in a topic, say by clicking on the new post folder icon or something.

3.4 already has a new icon to take you the last post in a given topic.
Go to Top of Page

James
Average Member

USA
539 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2002 :  22:25:42  Show Profile  Visit James's Homepage
I understand that. What I was talking about is something to take you directly to the first new post, reply etc. There is mention of using this to take a person directly to a post, etc., but I see that this was mentioned as using the search function to do this.

*Interested in Radio Control*
*The RC Web Board - http://www.rcwebboard.com/*
Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2002 :  22:31:41  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
What I meant was...
EX:

Post 5 of 54322 , 5 and 54322 being links

If you click on the 5 it will display only that topic in a window. By itself. Useful (just to reiterate) for printing one reply like an answer to a question you wanted to keep for future referance. Clicking on the 54322 will (this is tentative) a list of all 54322 posts (take a few in case of deletions). This is tentaive because I am not sure how I will work out the archived posts, displaying of the topics, etc.

OneWayMule, since this was your original MOD do you want to do it? It might be construed as impolite not to ask the original MOD Author if it was OK. You may have bigger plans If you read this let me know.
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2002 :  12:47:45  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
I tried to install the Post Stamp MOD a while back, but it didn't like my MODs that I had installed.

HarshReality had a go aswell, and it kept throwing back errors.

I use 3.3.03 so if you could give me a hand some time, that would be great (I won't be upgrading to 3.4)
Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2002 :  18:11:50  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by mortioli

I use 3.3.03 so if you could give me a hand some time, that would be great (I won't be upgrading to 3.4)

Sorry, I never used it before, and I only intend on looking at it for 3.4 and supporting that version Maybe Dayve can help.
Go to Top of Page

Immanuel

64 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  11:13:00  Show Profile  Visit Immanuel's Homepage
This MOD is refered to as completed in the "MODs v3.4 Update Status" thread. I have now heard about this new feature, you want to implement? But wha does it allready do? And where can I get it?

Immanuel
Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  00:07:46  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Immanuel

This MOD is refered to as completed in the "MODs v3.4 Update Status" thread. I have now heard about this new feature, you want to implement? But wha does it allready do? And where can I get it?

Immanuel

I'm making sure the files didnt change in 3.4.1 and making sure the readme is readable. I'll post it tonight or tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07