New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

James
Average Member

USA
539 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  02:41:59  Show Profile  Visit James's Homepage
If you view the main forums window, then the browser title displayed is the name you have given to your forums. If you click a category, then the title displays that category and the name you have given to the forums. If you go into a forum then the title just displays the forum name and category name (not the name you have given to your forums). If you go into a post then it just displays the posts name and the forum name in the title. This leads me to believe that the title only displays two levels deep. It also displays in reversed order. I think it should change the order and always display the name you have given to your forums whether it only displays two deep or everything.

For example, instead of displaying: Category name, Your forums Name

it should display: Your forums Name, Category Name

And instead of it displaying: Posts name, Forum name

it should either display: Your forums name, Category name, Forum name, Post name or Your forums name, Forum name, post name.

Then name you give your forums should always be present and always appear first. This means that if a user views their browser history it will show all the pages at your site together under your forum name. And for search engines that can handle ASP, it will also list your pages more appropriately. With the current structure, a user who wants to find something on your site in their browser's history will have to dig quite a while to do so.

*Interested in Radio Control*
*The RC Web Board - http://www.rcwebboard.com/*

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  03:36:38  Show Profile
It used to show all information, but it was decided to only show 2 levels of navigation.

a little bit of discussion about it:

http://kinser.121hosts.net/v34beta/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27

I also brought up the issue with the Dev Team and we decided to only show 2 levels of navigation.
Go to Top of Page

James
Average Member

USA
539 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  11:44:53  Show Profile  Visit James's Homepage
In Davio's posts in that discussion, I think he had it right when he suggested the Board title be include with just the topic title. I think the board title should always be included in the browser title first for the reasons described above (mainly the History function of your browser).

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  16:25:16  Show Profile
changed...
Go to Top of Page

James
Average Member

USA
539 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  23:02:54  Show Profile  Visit James's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

changed...

Thanks Richard. Looks alot better in my browser's History now.

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  23:53:01  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
I thought I was going crazy. After 4 days of getting used to reading titles in my taskbar, you change it. I got to admit, I like this way better. It's easier to spot my Snitz windows, but I still recognize bookmarks for exactly what they are.

Will this be in the final?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07