DEV Discussions (General)
 Moderated Forums
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2002 :  13:11:00  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
After having a post rejected from a moderated forum with a crude explanation (HUWR, must have no patience left after all this time getting 3.4 ready to go) I started looking and didn't see any icon or text that signified which forums were moderated and which weren't. So thus I posted "meaningless chit chat" in an important forum, hence the rejection.

Perhaps this should be more prevalent, so that posters know which are moderated and which aren't.

Hopefully, this isn't a moderated forum (I'm not sure how meaningful my post is)

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2002 :  13:29:38  Show Profile
Why would you want to know if the forum is moderated before you post? So that you can get your post out as quickly as possible without a moderator reviewing it?

As long as you make your post in the correct forum, it doesn't matter if it is moderated or not. If your post was not suitable for a particular forum, and it is not moderated, it might be locked, deleted or moved afterwards to a hidden forum. Only gain on your part is that you got your post made to the public, before the admins or moderators could do anything.

«-----------------------------------»
Join the Snitz Forums WebRing !
Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2002 :  13:42:07  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
My logic is as follows:

If I'm on a moderated forum where topic posting is to be kept strictly on topic then perhaps I may not add any remarks that are not constructive to the overall topic. However, if the forum is a free free flowing one that has occasional off topic discussions then I wouldn't care.

For example, if it's a moderated topic I would abstain from saying a simple comment like, "yeah I agree with you Davio, that way is better" But in an unmoderated forum I might do this.

That post although not directly influencing the topic subject it was useful to the some of the messages being posted.
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2002 :  13:58:11  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
It will tell you after you post that it will be moderated. It is up to the admins/mods to tell the users that it's a moderated forum....

Dave Maxwell
--------------
Proud to be a "World Class" Knucklehead
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2002 :  22:50:36  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
If your worried about it on your own forum, just use the Forum Description to indicate that its moderated by inserting some text into the comments. No need for code changes imo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07