Weblog or Blog
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AliasMoze

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2002 :  05:28:50  Show Profile  Visit AliasMoze's Homepage
Has anyone thought of or tried integrating a weblog with Snitz? My idea is to create a private forum called "Blog" or something and pull the weblog from it. It would therefore support multiple users, the Snitz "post.asp" tools, tags. I haven't figured out a good way, using this method, to do user comments for a specific article.

AliasMoze
"That activates my hilarity unit."

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2002 :  12:47:38  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Check out the Link Manager MOD. It has almost all of the basic functionality you are looking for. It would just need a few tweaks.

@tomic

http://www.skepticfriends.org
Go to Top of Page

AliasMoze

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  23:22:30  Show Profile  Visit AliasMoze's Homepage
Thanks! I'll check it out.

AliasMoze
"That activates my hilarity unit."
Go to Top of Page

joatham

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  11:48:14  Show Profile  Visit joatham's Homepage
I have a blog running on my test site, using a mod which I wrote to provide different views to forums. I never released it, as it needs some further admin checks to be added to it, but if there is enough interest I could be persuaded to tidy it up. See the link in my sig for a demo (The blog is shown in the Latest News on the homepage, and is driven from a standard Snitz forum (Which means you can control who can post new entries etc)

http://www.cosmic-cat.dns2go.com/home.asp

If you've got any questions, or want to see this developed, let me know and I will look into it! (Either email me here or join my forums and post a message!)

John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07