MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Got a MOD that I can't "search" down
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2002 :  02:16:46  Show Profile
I know that I'm not the only one asking about this modification but I can't seem to find it on the search. How hard would it be to install an icon on the topic.asp that states "go to the bottom of the page" as we have "go to the top of the page" now and the bottom in the footer. More yet, I'm really wonder if there is a way to have an icon next to the topic so you can go straight to the first unread reply in that post so you don't have to scroll down all the posts or pages that you have already read.

Jason

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2002 :  04:13:00  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
1) adding a go to bottom would be very simple and not generally released as a Mod, as it would be just two lines of code.

2) there is no way to ascertain which of the posts is unread, this is not information which is kept by the forum. The next ver 3.4 has a go to last post link which can be enabled

Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2002 :  04:37:40  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
There is a mod for going to the last post, created by Babygate. You can download it from her site, but you need to register on the site first.

Jan
===========
FR Portal | FR Portal Forums
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2002 :  09:42:45  Show Profile
Thanks guys, I downloaded it from Babygates and it looks to be exactly what I was talking about. I haven't installed it yet but from the write up it looks right for my version 3.3.03 with a lot of MOD's. Even when 3.4 comes out I will be scared to change or upgrade with all the time I have in the MOD's to my current version.

Thanks,
Jason

Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2002 :  19:43:54  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

Try not to be disheartened by the new version coming out. Perhaps look at it as an opportunity to learn more ASP from a different point of view.

From what I understand, many of the MODs should still work fine. It's having to rewrite the help files because the landmarks in the code will be a in different place or entirely restated in a different logical pattern.

Still, it should be a learning experience for sure and something to look forward to in the meantime.

Are you looking for answers at Snitz? | Searching the forums is easiest!
Basic | Advanced (Internet Explorer only)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07