Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

mktgweb
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2002 :  22:42:23  Show Profile  Visit mktgweb's Homepage
Hi, Dan Martin,
I am new here and found your MOD so I just gave it a try. I have it installed under NT4/PWS/SnitzForum3.3.05/Mysql for testing (Forum runs normally). I followed the installation steps in the downloaded file:
1. Read thru the document 2. Place the files (all three --dbs_forum_news.asp, inc_news.asp, admin_news_forum.asp -- although in your instructions you only mentioned two.) 3. RUN Mod setup in Admin options 4. COPY/PASTE the lines into the two files 5. Use the inc_news.asp as an include in your homepage.asp for testing.

However, when in step 3. this came up (between +++ lines):

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
News Forum MOD 1.0
Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('strNewsTopicCount','5')
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Duplicate entry 'strNewsTopicCount' for key 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there were errors please post a question in the MOD Implementation Forum at Snitz Forums.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wasn't sure it was normal or not so I proceeded the COPY and PASTE step after this as your instructions indicated. When done, I tested the yoou homepage.asp and this came up in a table with black background:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'
ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.
/inc_news.asp, line 35
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have tried re-installing it twice, including reversing the steps 4 and 5 because the instructions had a different order in NOTE: section.

So, what can this be? Any thoughts about it?

Thanks very much,
MktgWeb

Edited by - mktgweb on 13 October 2002 22:49:54
Go to Top of Page

shaft
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2002 :  00:01:09  Show Profile  Send shaft an ICQ Message  Send shaft a Yahoo! Message
hello dan I have been looking for the download of the version of this mod that alex042 made. Where can I get it?
Go to Top of Page

n8pbm

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2002 :  13:13:10  Show Profile  Visit n8pbm's Homepage
Is this mod for 3.4 going to be released? I tried emailing Dan Martin but his email is invalid. alex042 will only release it to Dan. This looks to be a mod I would really be interested in. I would try to convert this myself but I know I will not do such a good job as the expert ASP people. I also think it is crazy to redo something that has been done already. However if this new version is not going to be released then maybe I will have to give it a try and convert it.

Mike

Mike
Great Lakes Pop Up Club Camping
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07