Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dan Martin
Average Member

USA
528 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  18:43:02  Show Profile  Visit Dan Martin's Homepage  Send Dan Martin an AOL message  Send Dan Martin an ICQ Message  Send Dan Martin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Schwanke

Please? :)

Is this mod going to be upated to 3.4? It uses inc_functions so its not at all compatable without a rewrite..

I'm currently considering if I'm going to upgrade to 3.4. I've got so many modifications on my existing forums, upgrading would be a whole lotta work.

What functions got depricated in 3.4? This mod would work fine - if functions hadn't been depricated. Granted, it doesn't follow the rules of 3.4 (complete Response.Write, etc.).

Finally - I'm sorry guys, since I cannot subscribe to this thread - I can't always respond right away. Feel free to drop me a reminder via email (which is how richfed notified me there were people looking for help). I'm also fairly responsive to IM (ICQ, Y!, MSN, or AIM).
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  19:00:42  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Martin

richfed, try:
<!--#INCLUDE virtual="/messageboard/inc_config.asp" -->

and so on.

The first error you mention is "better" though than an empty table. If you get it again - don't change your includes - your issue is elsewhere.

Thanks, Dan ... Aware that subscriptions have been disabled here, I kind of figured you weren't even aware these queries were here.

I'll try your suggestion next time I sit down to work on my site. Will let you know what happens!

Appreciated ...

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

bobbart

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  22:50:08  Show Profile  Send bobbart an ICQ Message
I am getting this error with 3.4 I know its not for that but I can not see why it can not be made to work.

ADODB.Recordset.1 error '80004005'

SQLState: 42000
Native Error Code: 1064
[TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

inc_news.asp, line 17

<%
'############## Dan Martin's News Forum MOD Version 3.3
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_func_secure.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_sha256.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_header.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_func_member.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_moderation.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_subscription.asp" -->
<% If Session(strCookieURL & "Approval") = "15916941253" Then %>

<%
if Request.Form("Method_Type") = "Write_Configuration" then

for each key in Request.Form
---->LINE 17 if left(key,3) = "str" or left(key,3) = "int" then
strDummy = SetConfigValue(1, key, ChkString(Request.Form(key),"SQLstring"))
end if
next

Application(strCookieURL & "ConfigLoaded") = ""
%>
Go to Top of Page

Dan Martin
Average Member

USA
528 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  14:54:52  Show Profile  Visit Dan Martin's Homepage  Send Dan Martin an AOL message  Send Dan Martin an ICQ Message  Send Dan Martin a Yahoo! Message
Hmm, I'll have to look that over this weekend. I don't remember that code being in inc_news.asp at all.

Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2002 :  08:14:12  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
quote:

richfed, try:
<!--#INCLUDE virtual="/messageboard/inc_config.asp" -->

and so on.

The first error you mention is "better" though than an empty table. If you get it again - don't change your includes - your issue is elsewhere.

Nah ... nothing works ... no matter what "configuration" I use, I get a blank table ...

I have no idea! Where might the problem be?

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Dan Martin
Average Member

USA
528 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2002 :  16:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Dan Martin's Homepage  Send Dan Martin an AOL message  Send Dan Martin an ICQ Message  Send Dan Martin a Yahoo! Message
richfed - I don't know if you use ICQ, AIM, Y! IM, or MSN IM, but perhaps that would be the easiest way. Next time you are working on the website, drop me an IM. My nicknames are listed on my profile, except MSN which is daniel_a_martin (at) hotmail.com (altered for spam protection).

The fact that you are getting no error message is strange. Unless you use "On Error Resume Next" somewhere you should get an error message.

-Dan
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2002 :  18:47:07  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
Dan
I have tried to add this mod to 3.4.02 But get this error

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'FORUM_FORUM.FORUM_ID ='.

/bonkersv34.02_Intergration_Mod_Added/inc_news.asp, line 17

Any ideas on how to correct this
Thanks
bonkers
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2002 :  19:01:51  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
quote:

richfed - I don't know if you use ICQ, AIM, Y! IM, or MSN IM, but perhaps that would be the easiest way. Next time you are working on the website, drop me an IM. My nicknames are listed on my profile, except MSN which is daniel_a_martin (at) hotmail.com (altered for spam protection).

The fact that you are getting no error message is strange. Unless you use "On Error Resume Next" somewhere you should get an error message.

-Dan

Will contact you over the weekend via MSN Messenger, Dan. Thanks!

Trust me, I GET ERROR MESSAGES!!! Plenty of them!! Just not on this particular MOD installation ... everything went fine, just no results. There's a tiny little square visible on this page: http://www.mohicanpress.com/2003_gathering.html ... fairly close to the top of the page. That's where the News should be ...

Dunno ... !

Rich
Go to Top of Page

Lydecker

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2002 :  20:56:08  Show Profile  Visit Lydecker's Homepage
Will there be a 3.4 version of this or not??

THanks
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  11:06:31  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
I was able to get this MOD to work with v3.4.

Some includes, such as inc_functions.asp and inc_top.asp have changed names, and one of the functions used has moved to another include, so you need the following includes in admin_news_forum.asp:

<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE file="inc_func_common.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE file="inc_func_admin.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE file="inc_header.asp" -->

The ChkDate function has appeared to change, so you'll need to change the line with that function around line 54 in inc_news.asp to:

Posted by <a href=<%=strForumURL%>/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=<%=rs.Fields("MEMBER_ID")%>><%=rs.Fields("M_Name")%></a> On <%=ChkDate(rs.Fields("T_Date")," At ",true)%>

Edited by - alex042 on 05 September 2002 11:14:43
Go to Top of Page

pentiummx

79 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  00:51:56  Show Profile
What am I missing here? I get the error when I launch homepage.asp manually:
---------------------------------------------
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'FORUM_FORUM.FORUM_ID ='.

/ustcatgccaa/forum/inc_news.asp, line 13
---------------------------------------------

Also, does anyone have a step-by-step procedure on how this should be used?

thanks for the help.

PentiumMX
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  01:39:56  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression FORUM_FORUM.FORUM_ID ='.

Did you select a forum in the admin menu before viewing homepage.asp? The dbs script should set the default to forum = 1, but it's possible that forum has been deleted.

Go to Top of Page

pentiummx

79 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  09:25:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by alex042

quote:
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression FORUM_FORUM.FORUM_ID ='.

Did you select a forum in the admin menu before viewing homepage.asp? The dbs script should set the default to forum = 1, but it's possible that forum has been deleted.

Perhaps my error here is more procedural than technical. I've not seen a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on what a forum admin needs to do after installation of the MOD. The 7-step instruction in the README falls short in explaining the how-to's of "selecting a forum?" versus "choosing the homepage.asp" as the default page versus using the "inc_news.asp" in the page of choice. Perhaps you can shed more light to the matter by enumerating the next detailed steps I need to take after step5 of the README (Run Check Installation from Admin Page)?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

thanks,

PentiumMX
Go to Top of Page

Dan Martin
Average Member

USA
528 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  13:09:14  Show Profile  Visit Dan Martin's Homepage  Send Dan Martin an AOL message  Send Dan Martin an ICQ Message  Send Dan Martin a Yahoo! Message
Pentiummx, you should run the Admin Panel that comes with the MOD to chose the Forum you want to show in inc_news.asp. If you do not the variable used to determine the ID of the news forum will not get loaded into the config, and the error you mention will occur.

One way to confirm that the variable is set is to go into Admin Home, and then to the "Forum Variables Information" page. See if "STRNEWSFORUM_ID" is listed on the page. It should be set to the ID of the forum you want to target. I suspect by the error message you are getting that its not there at all. If so, try running the admin page. Even if you want to target the same forum as listed, make sure you submit it so the variables get pushed to the application variables.

-Dan
Go to Top of Page

mktgweb
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2002 :  21:54:38  Show Profile  Visit mktgweb's Homepage
Hi, I'm new here and happened to spot your Server Sise Includes issue. My reply to you is on your SSI path not on the MOD.

FYI: My understanding is that all types of servers DO NOT support SSI in absolute path, meaning "NO" http://www...thing. All include files need to be either File="path/file" or virtual="path/file". Servers that will support remote ssi with absolute path need to have an additional "Server object" installed first. Without that application installed and registered on the http server, you can only use ssi under a local directory of your site.

FYI, MktgWeb
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07