Number of Topics - Member Select
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2002 :  08:52:03  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone know if there is a MOD out, so the members can choose how many topics they can view on a page, and how many posts on a page aswell?

One of my members has said that some other message board has this, and would like me to get the option for mine.

Thanks for your time!

Oli

MortiOli Site | MortiOli Forum

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2002 :  11:17:57  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I have this on my board but it is included with a mod I have included for members personal settings which requires a new table and additional coding.

sorry I have not been able to package this up nicely for release but there are other approaches to doing this like maybe making it a setting in members profiles where you would only need to add a field to FORUM_MEMBBERS and then set the value of strPageSize to read that.

If you find and install the THEMES MOD I can easily show you how to add it that way instead.

http://www.nineinchnailz.com

Edited by - dayve on 07 July 2002 11:49:11
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2002 :  10:34:39  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
I have the Themes Mod installed also.

I have an idea of how to do it in my mind, but its just getting it down on code

Oli

Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2002 :  06:32:54  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Could anyone give me any pointers?

Heres what I think I need to do...but I'm not great at ASP code;

• Make a field in each members recored for number of topics shown

• Change the places where it looks for the number of records to show, to point to the members field

• Give an option in profile, my page etc, for the member to choose how many topics on a page

I would probably be ok with adding a field (kind of), but not sure about the code for the other parts.

Oli

Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2002 :  11:55:44  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
*bump*

Oli

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07