New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2002 :  21:55:42  Show Profile
Well - itīs drawing close to a release of beta 1....hereīs a couple of main features...

the ones in blue are done the oneīs in red are either planned or upcoming

1. Multiple forums support -

usergroups can be global, local, and shared amongst multiple snitz setups. - also all 3 kinds can be hidden from nonmembers

through SITES table in DB main admin can set options for other forums (subforums) regarding usergroups admins of what board can do what.

2. lifespan of Usergroup - need help on taht
a usergroups can live for so and so many days and then selfdestruct

3. Max membercount for a usergroup - admin/moderator can setup the max limit of users in a group

complete administration/moderation features:

members can:

1. sign up for open/validation required usergroups
2. sign up to become moderators of moderators of usergroup
3. sign up to take over/join adminship of usergroup
4. delete themselves from Usergroups
5. depending on specific usergroup setting: see/not see other members of groups
6. depending on setting: setup their own usergroup that has to be validated by admin
7. recieve mail when theyīve added themselves been added to a usergroup

moderators can:

1. valdidate/delete users from usergroups
2. depending on setting: delete only members that theyīve added/deleted themselves
3. depending on setting:assign users to a usergroup - user validates membership
4. recieve mail, when a user signs up for a usergroup
5. depending on setting: assign all local/global/shared usergroups that they are moderators of to a forumīs isallowedmemberlist
6. planned feature: assign events to usergroups they are moderators of
+ all of the above

admins can

control all features of a usergroup (name, description a.s.0) + they can delete the usergroups.

+ all of the above

z-man
Starting Member

Netherlands
41 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2002 :  06:37:47  Show Profile
Sounds interesting, where can I find the downloadable version?

Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2002 :  08:45:07  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:

How about creating 2 date fields, a start date and end date? The start date would be the creation date and the end date would be the expiration date. Have a check to compare current date with end date and if it's expired have the record deleted.

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2002 :  09:03:06  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

How about creating 2 date fields, a start date and end date? The start date would be the creation date and the end date would be the expiration date. Have a check to compare current date with end date and if it's expired have the record deleted.

thats about how itīll be done - except working with dateformat in snitz is kind of tricky, so instead itīll be an amount of days you can set and then if orininal date + number of days active exceeds date and number of days setting itīll delete it or pend it again (this way you can renew the usergroup instead of having to recreate it)

It probably wonīt be released untill 3.4 comes out - since we donīt really know the code changes in detail in 3.4, there might be so much difference that the two versions will need individual support, and if the differnces are major Iīll only release a version for 3.4 and an scaled down, unsupported version for 3.3XX
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2002 :  18:25:54  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
This mod will have to be rethunk alot for 3.4 because 3.4 already has the catagory groups mod.

As for the timeouts. Doing timeouts are easy and you only need to store the date it was created. Look in the active users section added to inc_functiona.asp for the AU vs 4.0 mod to see how Active Users time out.

Nathan Bales
Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2002 :  22:37:53  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Doing timeouts are easy and you only need to store the date it was created.

He may need the end date to set different expiration time frames between groups. i.e. to set one group to expire after 30 days and another after 60 days.

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2002 :  01:50:50  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
He would only need the date it was created and the number of days to keep it. He wouldn't want the expiration date.

Nathan Bales
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2002 :  10:15:06  Show Profile
How would this mod interffer with the GROUPS MOD (I take it thatīs the one Kal Corp made?)

as I understand GROUP MOD is for grouping categories together whilst the USERGROUP MOD is for creating usergroups - it runs from a complete seperate set of tables + the only existing function I that has been meddled with is the IsAllowedMember function - Iīve tested it with a 3.3XX board WITH Kal corps mod and it didnīt seem to pose any probs to me ... is there an essential change to IsAllowedMember function in 3.4? - and if - could I have a glance at it so that I can change my mod accordingly?

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2002 :  16:37:46  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
For either of these mods to be fully functional, I would think that they would have to be merged and streamlined alot. Smeared together so that they look like they are part of one product. Not like stuff dangling from undernith.

Nathan Bales
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2002 :  18:25:36  Show Profile
quote:

For either of these mods to be fully functional, I would think that they would have to be merged and streamlined alot. Smeared together so that they look like they are part of one product. Not like stuff dangling from undernith.

Nathan Bales

I donīt see why they should be merged, since the two mods are completely different mods that have nothing to do with eachother - one deals with the forum and the categories of the forum - the other deals with users? that would be like merging events mod and active users mod - I donīt understand what you mean - please elaborate, Iīm really keen on understanding what you mean.

stuff dangling beneath? - what do you mean? - the design of the pages? - remember the Alpha released was just an very early alpha. the finished MOD will have completely Snitz "look" to it.

I think that by making it compatible with multiple forums/ specific settings for each forum a.s.o. that it is a VERY flexible MOD.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07