MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Slide Out Communication Center
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2002 :  17:49:53  Show Profile
If anyone has ideas on building this mod, please let me know. I think it would be great for my forum.

If you take a look at my forum ( ), you will see that I have relocated my Active Users and Active Chatters mods to the top of my pages. I also have the Private message mod installed so if you create and account, all three modules (who's online, who's chatting, and private messages) are at the top of each page. This allows people on the forum to see who else is on the forum and carry out conversations by either inviting them to chat or private messaging back and forth. My members have found this "Communication center" to be very handy.

Unfortunately, these three modules take up quite a bit of space at the top of each screen. I would really like to see a sliding menu like the one installed on the EastPasco site that incorporates all three of these include files to create a slide-out communication center.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Sean

Edited by - Retro on 10 May 2002 17:09:21

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2002 :  12:10:44  Show Profile
It looks like you could more easily move it just to the left of your login area. you seem to have enough space there for it.

Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2002 :  01:30:38  Show Profile
Tried that. I create a table with one row and two columns and put the communication pieces on the left and the menus on the right. The problem with that is every time someone interacts with the menu (i.e. logging on or logging off), the confirmation of logging on or off shows up in the right column instead of being centered on the page. It just looked a bit funny.

Thanks, though....

Sean

Edited by - Retro on 10 May 2002 17:09:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07