New profile fields...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dejaluv
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  13:28:21  Show Profile
I am very new to ASP...but I fumbled through some old posts (barely helpful) and spent almost an entire day figuring out how to add new fields to the profile and registration sections. It works perfect, I have added several fields to my profile and registration, some required...some not.

Perhaps I am one of only a few who sought to do this since I found very little help in the area. But I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a mod for this? Since I dont know how popular it would be I wouldnt want to put all the work into retracing my steps and creating this mod if no one ever used it.

Any thoughts?

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  18:27:08  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
I hate to be the one to have to tell you this. . . but there already is a mod for adding fields to the profile. --> http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6171

Nathan Bales
Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

Tmpj

Denmark
467 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2002 :  12:29:32  Show Profile
I never got it to work in the Modi Code!

------------------------------
Magic is an Orange
http://www.nintendo4you.dk/tmpj/
Go to Top of Page

dejaluv
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2002 :  16:29:13  Show Profile
DOH! No worries. I just wish I had found this before I went through all the work to figure it out. I did about between 5-10 different searches through these forums and never found anything like this mod. Was it in the mod section the whole time?

Oh well, I know nothing about ASP so this was a nice crash course in some of the fundamentals.

Also, I couldnt help but laugh because of the 5-8 posts I did find referencing this topic, 7 of them said something to the effect of "search for 'mandatory fields'". But when you search for 'mandatory fields' what you get is all the posts telling you to search for that.

Thanks Nathan.

As a side point: This would be a great feature to see in the next release...something that would allow us to customize fields based on site content.

I know you probably already have a long list of possible features but I thought I would throw my hat in the ring with that one. Perhaps a suggestion forum for such things?

Edited by - dejaluv on 18 April 2002 16:32:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07