MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 REQUEST : May be this has been done
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ISJX_YICK

France
68 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2002 :  03:20:52  Show Profile  Visit ISJX_YICK's Homepage  Send ISJX_YICK an ICQ Message
UPLOAD FEATURE:
ok well with the file uploads i've noticed that even though you are allowed to upload big files (by me adjusting the file size limit) it never works, and they aren't very big files either, 1 meg files don't upload too well.

-what i'd like is a admin feature that allows me to view files that have been uploaded and delete them if they aren't relevant to total (so it doesn't get abused)
-in the upload popup window a meter to show how much is done
-more reliable uploading

ACTIVE TOPICS FEATURE:
also there needs to be a better active topics system, thats customisable as well.
- you can set it to watch only certain forums and how long it takes the topic to move off the active list (active since)
- from the active topics thingy moderators and admins can perform the functions on the topics that they can in the forums (edit, delete, lock etc...)
- adjust the way the active topics page sorts and displays the topics (last active in forum, last active regardless of forum, etc...)

AND:
and perhaps a chat room, you login with your forum account and then head to the irc page where you can chat with anyone else in there.

ohhh also about security
at the moment i don't think that i can do much to prevent someone from being a pest and a trouble maker on the boards, sure i can lock and delete their accounts but then they make a new one.

what i was thinking is that if i lock and mark an acount it sets a cookie on that persons machine that prevents them from viewing the boards altogether.
also i would like to be able to block ip's from the admin section.

ohhh and as well as recording the intruders ip it should record their dns too as i've noticed that it can give infomation as to what type of connection they are on.

also a proxy blocker e.g. it checks the ip to see if it is functioning as a proxy and if is shown to be a proxy, block it from accesing the forums. this will prevent anyone from avoiding the ip blocking. but the problem there is some people who access the boards legitimately might not be able to get on.

so i was thinking either a feature to specifically allow a certain proxy's ip/dns to access when someone emails us admins asking for access.

and/or

a special page that proxy ip's can get access too which sets a cookie on a persons machine when they log in, on the page with special logins and passwords that are given to them by us admins, this cookie then allows that person to view the boards.

of course these security features hopefully will never need to be used but i would feel a whole lot better with them there.

:)

any idea on what exist and where i can take that ? and if something is on the way about all that ?

thanks in advance

by the way, hi HuwR, long time no see :)

WOW THAT's NICE !!!

milki

Israel
320 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2002 :  05:00:09  Show Profile  Visit milki's Homepage  Send milki an ICQ Message
here !
http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp
ther is a block by ip pur block by cokie
and many more mod !!!
take a look !

Go to Top of Page

ISJX_YICK

France
68 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2002 :  11:53:11  Show Profile  Visit ISJX_YICK's Homepage  Send ISJX_YICK an ICQ Message
thanks milki

also:
could we get a special picture upload system? so you can upload a picture to the forums and display it in your post on the one page. it should be treated a little differently from the file upload system too, different restrictions etc...

on the admin area a recent file/picture upload section that displays a list of files/pictures that have been uploaded since the last time the page was checked.
it should have: who uploaded it, file name, file size and what post it appears in.

more on security: the ability to ban people from being able to do certain things eg: upload files/pictures
also with bans/locks the ability to set timers on the ban/lock eg: someone has been a bit roudy on the boards i can lock his account for a week or until a specific date arrives.
could the timers also be applied to forums/topics?

how about personal settings also, for every account people can set their own settings for how the forums are displayed. eg how many topics per page.
also with the expandable/collapseable categories can your settings (whats expanded/collapsed) be remembered the next time the main page is viewed.
also custom colour schemes that can be set in the accounts preferences, with a special test window so you can display your settings. (if unique customisation is tooo difficult presets would be just as nice)

i know it's alot but each feature makes the forums better for everyone

thanks in advance ;)

WOW THAT's NICE !!!
Go to Top of Page

discoverdew
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2002 :  13:50:25  Show Profile
I have just released a mod for a public gallery that utilizes Huws Forum.

Go here:http://discoverdew.brinkster.net/portal_content.asp
Go to Top of Page

ISJX_YICK

France
68 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2002 :  04:58:06  Show Profile  Visit ISJX_YICK's Homepage  Send ISJX_YICK an ICQ Message
someone has a link for each features above ?

WOW THAT's NICE !!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07