Advanced Newsletter Idea
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2002 :  11:10:21  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Based on the Newsletter MOD, would this be possible for someone to make...!?

Someone could enter their email address to subscribe, which would take them to the next screen. This screen would show various newsletters, which they could decide, by clicking a tick box next to each, which ones they want to subscribe to.

Each newsletter could be run by a different Moderator, so each Mod could have a newsletter for their part of the forum, but the Admin could also have more than one newsletter (news, updates, events etc).

Then maybe, the member can subscribe to more from my.asp page, or by entering their email address again, where they can select/deselect newsletters from the next page.

If anyone wants me to explain anything, just say.

I think this would be a great addition to the Newsletter MOD!

Oli

www.mortioli.co.uk

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2002 :  15:34:33  Show Profile
I'm working on this, but I'm not good at asp yet so I can't promise when it'll be released or it would ever be released by me.

now the un/subscription is roughly done with some bugs, it's pretty the one you want.

features done:
front page sub/unsub form
muliple selections
subscribe under member profile or using another email addr,

the mod/admin part are not worked out, as what I want to do is beyond my abilities.
I want to intergrate it with the article/news publish program based on snitz, also, I'd like to have the user groups first wher I can give right to editors/moderators etc. still a long way to go for me. before that, we can just use the one comes with the original ml mod.

i'll try to set a demo by the weekend

Edited by - bjlt on 20 March 2002 15:40:39
Go to Top of Page

keston
Starting Member

Netherlands
49 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2002 :  04:16:35  Show Profile
quote:

I'm working on this, but I'm not good at asp yet so I can't promise when it'll be released or it would ever be released by me.

now the un/subscription is roughly done with some bugs, it's pretty the one you want.

features done:
front page sub/unsub form
muliple selections
subscribe under member profile or using another email addr,

the mod/admin part are not worked out, as what I want to do is beyond my abilities.
I want to intergrate it with the article/news publish program based on snitz, also, I'd like to have the user groups first wher I can give right to editors/moderators etc. still a long way to go for me. before that, we can just use the one comes with the original ml mod.

i'll try to set a demo by the weekend

Edited by - bjlt on 20 March 2002 15:40:39

bjlt, are you still working on this?

======
keston
======
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2002 :  06:49:40  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Hows it going with the changes?

Oli

MortiOli Site | MortiOli Forum
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2002 :  00:22:00  Show Profile
see here

http://beijinglife.com

subscribe as a guest or user

user test
pw test

i know there re bugs still.

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2002 :  13:52:44  Show Profile
bjlt,

I was just checking out your NewsLetter MOD on your site and it is looking good , are you going to have it so it BCC's members?

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2002 :  14:24:20  Show Profile
quote:

are you going to have it so it BCC's members?

Intrepidone

I'm glad to hear that you like it. [:-)]

Yes, I like to have it BCC members.

FYI, what I've done is just the sub/unsub part, still have some bugs in it and I don't have time to work on it now. I haven't touched the actual email part at all yet.

I'll ask my partner to take a look into this mod as he's more experienced in programming.

Go to Top of Page

tduffy

146 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2002 :  21:03:19  Show Profile
anyone know how i could use the newsletter mod to send the newsletter to everyone who has signed up to the forums, bypassing the need for them to sign up for the newsletter?
the database holds everyone's email addresses, so i was wondering if there was a way to just have it send to all the addresses in the database.

Go to Top of Page

barky81

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2002 :  17:35:51  Show Profile
Just re-write the SQL statement in nlEmail_List.asp to select all registered user e-mail addresses...

quote:

anyone know how i could use the newsletter mod to send the newsletter to everyone who has signed up to the forums, bypassing the need for them to sign up for the newsletter?
the database holds everyone's email addresses, so i was wondering if there was a way to just have it send to all the addresses in the database.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07