Subscriptions - Digest Version?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wixxerd
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2002 :  23:22:56  Show Profile
I'm wanting to give my users the ability to subscribe to a forum/whatever and receive the notifications in one email (Like a digest) once a day/week/whatever instead of the per posting style we currently use. (Actually I want them to have the option of deciding how *they* want it.) I wanted to check and see if anyone knew of a MOD that did this before I coded it myself?

If not, does anyone else want something like this? If so I'll make my code into a MOD, instead of just hacking it in. (My code doesn't always have that "friendly" MOD-like quality... )

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2002 :  23:56:11  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
You mean like a newsletter? There is a newsletter mod avalable at the snitz exchange.

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
---------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

Wixxerd
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2002 :  00:22:47  Show Profile
No... The newsletter is one you create and then send out manually.

You know how when a message is posted the code loops thru the DB and finds all users that are subscribed and notifies them?

I want it to log that they need to be notified, and about what topic, etc., then send them an email daily, monthly, weekly, etc. I can handle scheduling page execution, or making it execute at certain priods, I was just curious if anyone had done this as well?

Go to Top of Page

cosworth
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2002 :  17:50:54  Show Profile
I'd like to see something like this as well. the yahoo groups that I dela with want to move to forum style to get away from the ads. But they want digests...

Go to Top of Page

Wixxerd
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2002 :  02:22:07  Show Profile
Probably wont be able to code it for another week or three, but I'll make it nice and "MOD-Like" for ya...

Go to Top of Page

Rasco
Advanced Member

Germany
3192 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2002 :  06:16:16  Show Profile  Send Rasco an ICQ Message
I think, that`s only useful, when the message is sent with the mail as well. Otherwise, you will get a mail, with many links in it. Would be a chaos.

Go to Top of Page

keston
Starting Member

Netherlands
49 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2002 :  04:12:40  Show Profile
quote:

...does anyone else want something like this? If so I'll make my code into a MOD, instead of just hacking it in. (My code doesn't always have that "friendly" MOD-like quality... )

Wixxerd, are you still on this?

======
keston
======
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07