New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

underfunded
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2002 :  10:11:36  Show Profile  Visit underfunded's Homepage  Send underfunded an AOL message  Send underfunded an ICQ Message
Works great now that I made those code changes. Thanks.
I'm not sure about it working in 'any' forum but I have it working on my site fine. I went in and mangled some of the ASP so that I could display it on my front page which is not a forum page.

Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2002 :  10:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
What I meant by any forum, when I change the option

forumid = ###

it only works for 1 or 2 of my forums, but not the rest.

----------------------------------------
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges
Go to Top of Page

underfunded
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2002 :  08:21:04  Show Profile  Visit underfunded's Homepage  Send underfunded an AOL message  Send underfunded an ICQ Message
Well,
It was fun while it lasted but I'm back to not working right. I'm getting this error:

Error Type:
ADODB.Field (0x800A0BCD)
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.
/forum/newscurrent.asp, line 9

That is from a fresh install of the news mod.
This is getting very frustrating.
Any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2002 :  08:54:22  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, guys. I just got back from vacation on Sunday. I have no internet at home so I will be answering as much as I can from work.

Yes, it will work for any forum on your site/forum.

I will have to look at the code again to remeber what I did, since it's been working I haven't had to look at it in a while.

Each of you: post the problem your haveing, a link to the page where it should be working, and if you can, a txt version. I'm confident it will be solved easily

I'm waiting.......

Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2002 :  10:14:13  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back from vacation!

The link to the newspage is http://www.itsallswing.com/forum/news.asp

and the link to the text version of the newscurrent is

http://www.itsallswing.com/forum/newscurrent.txt

The forum that I'm using right now for the news, is just a random forum. I also added a Response.write strSql to output the sql statement at the top of the page.

the error that I'm getting is

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/forum/newscurrent.asp, line 13

thanks
Steve D.

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2002 :  13:34:15  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
hmm... I see one error. Its not causing your error, but you need to remove the
T_MESSAGE = rsNews("T_MESSAGE")
from line 14 or so.

This is odd since it shuld work it looks like its fine. I can't test from home because I have no internet to get on the server and look at my files and attempt to troubleshoot it (work has a firewall). But try adding a ' before and after the quotes on forumid

Such as : '"& forumid &"'

and see if that helps any... let me know

Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2002 :  13:49:32  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
OK, I tried the single quotes and that didn't work.

I removed

T_MESSAGE = rsNews("T_MESSAGE")

and now I'm getting a different message, not an error, but

No Current News Found, Please Check Back Soon

What should be inplace of T_MESSAGE?

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2002 :  09:38:25  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
That's a lot better, I think. Since I cant check my own files....

Try doing this: Replace the Remove the last part of the where clause. It seems Like its a bit redundant and that may be the error.

it should look like:

WHERE (((FORUM_MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID) = FORUM_TOPICS.T_AUTHOR) AND ((FORUM_TOPICS.FORUM_ID)= " & forumid & "))" &_

Sine there is this code

iRecNum = IRecNum + 1
if iRecNum < 6 then
That TOP 5 shouldn't be needed.

Let me know.

Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2002 :  09:50:10  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
That did it!!!

Thank you so much, now to format the output.

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2002 :  13:33:57  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
quote:

That did it!!!

Thank you so much, now to format the output.

Glad to hear it. Steve, check and see if your T_MESSAGE has this code preceding it: strFormat
If it doesn't we will have to add it so that smilies, urls and such show up as posted. I have to update the zip but I cant until I get connected again...

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2002 :  13:35:24  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
Anybody else....????

Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2002 :  13:38:39  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Glad to hear it. Steve, check and see if your T_MESSAGE has this code preceding it: strFormat

It does have it.

Go to Top of Page

underfunded
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2002 :  11:45:01  Show Profile  Visit underfunded's Homepage  Send underfunded an AOL message  Send underfunded an ICQ Message
snaayk, are you going to release an update with the newest fixes in it soon? I am still having issues and feel I have probably just screwed up in updating it.
Thanks.
Underfunded.

Go to Top of Page

hahnsolo1
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2002 :  19:44:32  Show Profile
i having problems trying to test it out
i installed it but im getting server 500 errors

is there any tutorials on how to config the inc news asp

and other stuff

Go to Top of Page

hahnsolo1
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2002 :  20:30:56  Show Profile
im getting errors too.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07