Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  21:53:16  Show Profile
Modded Snitz forum 3.3.03

This forum is based on Davioīs Annonymous acces forum that have already the following mods included:

- Poll
- ban IP
- Register mod
- Anonumous acces mod

I have added the following mods:

- Private Messages for 3.3.03
- Events Calendar 2.0
- Active Users
- Message Icons for 3.3.03
- Huwrīs Mod Control
- File attachment (not in Topics)
- Upload Avatar by Iron Heart (only 64x64 display)

Demo: http://www27.brinkster.com/morten2002/forum

For normal version only:
I have already uncomment the config.asp file. So if you use Acces and Jet.OLEDB.4.0 with virtual path you can just upload it all and call your forum in the browser, but its recomended to change the name of the DB and correct your config.asp to referrer to the new DB name.

http://home19.inet.tele.dk/surf99/snitz_3.zip (normal version)
http://home19.inet.tele.dk/surf99/snitz_brinkster_3.zip (Brinkster version)

NEW! MySQL version NEW!

Its based on the dummie normal version snitz_3.zip (you will need to download that first). I could not fix the dumpfile for the Events Calender and the Active Users mods - but else, I think I fixed it. Download dumpfile and instructions here:

http://home19.inet.tele.dk/surf99/mysql.zip

- The Avatar Upload dosenīt work on the Brinkster version, donīt know why.

I count my self to the dummies so donīt expect any support

Morten

Edited by - morten on 19 January 2002 16:51:56

Edited by - morten on 21 January 2002 22:43:09

Edited by - morten on 02 March 2002 20:26:08

Edited by - morten on 04 March 2002 20:25:44

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  23:18:56  Show Profile
You better forget all about this forum, the mod_config.asp error keeps coming back by every submitting in the admin area:
[hr]
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: 'my_Conn'

/snitz/mod_config.asp, line 16
[/hr]

It dosenīt effect the functionality, but is a pain in the a..

Morten

Go to Top of Page

Traverer

Malaysia
61 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2002 :  02:59:08  Show Profile
Hi Morten,

Currently I am thinking of creating a "Half-modded Snitz Forum Mod" which will include most of the mods but not completely as Portal Mod. I just want to make it as a Forum Mod for those already has a web site and want a modded forum for their site, without the need to do the editing manually (we will do for them).

And it seems that you have already start such mod,so I wonder whether we could combine our effort to create a single mod like that ?

So far, I just have that idea in my mind only and I am planning to start it with the upcoming Snitz Forum v3.3.04.

Traverer is here.
Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2002 :  08:10:14  Show Profile
Hi Traverer!

Would be very fine - I had the same things in mind when I posted my message. As I said, Iīm just a dummie, donīt know anything about ASP, so please donīt count on me. Iīm more into this "copy and paste" thing. Please go ahead, Iīm sure that a lot of people would like a modded, but not as heavy modded like the portals, version of the basic forum.

Morten

Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2002 :  13:40:03  Show Profile
The zip-file is fixed now

Morten

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2002 :  15:40:26  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
you mean Dave (Davio) and not Dayve (me) right??

http://www.nineinchnailz.com - your source for everything nine inch nails !
Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2002 :  16:50:33  Show Profile
hehe....yes of course, sorry for the mixup

Morten

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2002 :  17:22:52  Show Profile
quote:
This forum is based on Davioīs Annonymous acces forum
You're crazy Morten!!!
For you to have actually added all those mods to my anonymous access forum sucessfully, you CAN'T be a dummy. This must have taken you quite a while to accomplish.
But I have to say Good Work.

Although if you had told me you were doing this based off of my mod, I would have told you to wait a little so I can iron out some bugs in the mod. Oh well.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2002 :  22:52:34  Show Profile
Thanks Davio

There isenīt really much to do for us non-coders to do in this coumunity, coding gurus popping up with new codes and MODS nearly every day. Only recieving dosenīt feel well, at least that how I have it.

I have put up an Brinkster version - and that was much more of a challenge to get my forum up and actually work there - but avatar upload dosenīt work

Go to Top of Page

PmT
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2002 :  09:48:21  Show Profile
Hey great forum, I was about to put it up and use it but I keep getting errors when I try and upload an Avatar

Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0126 (0x80004005)
The include file 'config.asp' was not found.
/AHLForum/mods/setup.asp, line 52

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)

Page:
GET /AHLForum/mods/setup.asp

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2002 :  16:22:11  Show Profile
I canīt help you with that, it looks like you did not upload the config.asp or you need to correct the path to config.asp in upload_avatar_engine.asp in the mod dir. But I just checked it in my files looks ok to me. The path must be:

../config.asp

Remember that the upload part does not work in the Brinkster version.

Morten

Go to Top of Page

PmT
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2002 :  18:28:29  Show Profile
If I go into the admin part, and use a url to the avatar it works, but from a member it doesn't

Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2002 :  20:15:06  Show Profile
you need to be more specific:

- you are where ?
- want to do what ?
- excact when do you get an error ? (rightclick and find filename)
- are you using the Brinkster or the normal version ?

Morten

Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2002 :  20:28:44  Show Profile
ups forgot....did you remember to give write acces to the folder "uploaded" and the folder "admin" inside of this folder ?

Its also importent to check the right string to the DB in config.asp. The virtuel path is also giving me problems on my own site so I had to change from virtuel to the pfyssic phad:

strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\home\www\forum\tools\package.mdb;"

Morten

Edited by - morten on 27 January 2002 20:43:08
Go to Top of Page

PmT
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2002 :  21:53:08  Show Profile
I have the normal version

I want to be able to have the members of my forum to upload their own Avatars and use them.

If I go to Admin Options, then to Avatar Setup, I can use the Add New Avatar, and use the url for the Avatar

I get the error when I go to upload the picture, after i've selected the file, and given it a name, and press the button, thats when I get the error

And I've given write properties to the folder

Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2002 :  01:37:52  Show Profile
Try to change your db-string in config.asp to a physical path instead of the virtuel path - I think your error comes from this.

Line 52-61 of your config.asp look like this in the downloaded version - current string in red:

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines!
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 using virtual path
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 on Brinkster
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("tools/package.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 on Brinkster
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 7
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 2000
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_IP;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MySQL

Replace it it with this:

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines!
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 using virtual path
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 on Brinkster
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("tools/package.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 on Brinkster
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\home\www\AHLForum\tools\package.mdb" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 7
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 2000
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_IP;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MySQL

But remember to correct the path to the database. The code in red.

Morten

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07