New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

wagnersean

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2002 :  22:00:18  Show Profile  Visit wagnersean's Homepage  Send wagnersean an AOL message
I keep getting the following error:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e07'

Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 2166

i copied the contents that should be in inc_functions.asp directly to inc_functions.asp! What's the problem?

Go to Top of Page

Endless Passages
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  19:17:58  Show Profile  Send Endless Passages an ICQ Message
Ok, I first got that mismatch error, then realized that I had an old version of the zip so I altered the dbs file to this

[DROP]
[END]
[CREATE]
[END]
[ALTER]
ADD#UserID#varchar(100)#NULL#
ADD#UserIP#varchar(40)#NULL#
ADD#DateCreated#varchar(100)#NULL#
ADD#LastDateChecked#varchar(100)#NULL#
ADD#CheckedIn#varchar(100)#NULL#
ADD#LastChecked#varchar(100)#NULL#
ADD#M_BROWSE#memo#NULL#
ADD#insFORUMID#varchar#NULL#0
ADD#insTOPICID#varchar#Null#0
[END]

Which worked fine. So I assumed everything was cool. Then I try to bring up the forums and recieved this error

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/forum/inc_activeusers.asp, line 156

Line 156 on inc_activeusers.asp reads as follows:

rsWho.Open strSql,my_conn,3,1,1

I am using HuwR's forums, and followed the instructions accordingly. Anyone have a clue as to why this happened?

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  19:31:15  Show Profile
There is a file in the zip for HUWR version. Look within the folder HUWR in the zip. Use that file. I need to make slight fix in that but that should noty give you an error. Let me know if it does not work.

Make a backup of inc_activeusers.asp you are using and use the one in the ziop from the HUWR forum.

HUWR uses a different structure for table Online. You should keep that structure as is and add only the two firlds required by this Mod. I see that you dropped the Table Online and recreated it. This table structure is not compatible with HUWR Portal.

www.forumSquare.com - GauravBhabu - It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  19:40:14  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
This Mod doesn't work well with Huw's code. I got it to work then online users was messed up. The Visitors Today stopped working and when you went to see who's online it would just show 1 person even tho there are about 10 on. I've tested this having other people enter the site and I check who's online it would just be me. They said when they went to check who's online it was just them.

Not sure what the problem was so I just replaced the active_users file the mod stopped working but everything else started working

Test Site:
EastPasco Huw's Code 3.3.10 SQL 2000
Snitz Mod Resource
Email
Go to Top of Page

Endless Passages
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  19:43:49  Show Profile  Send Endless Passages an ICQ Message
I am using the inc_activeusers.asp that was in the HUWR dir on the zip. That's why I was confused :)

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  19:47:37  Show Profile
There are no reasons for this Mod not to work with HUWR Portal except for HUWR has used a different structure for Table FORUM_ONLINE and the Visitor info is kept until the next day.

I will try to include a modified inc_activeUsers for HUWR portal in the zip.

www.forumSquare.com - GauravBhabu - It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  19:50:22  Show Profile
quote:

I am using the inc_activeusers.asp that was in the HUWR dir on the zip. That's why I was confused :)

But you recreated the table Forum_Online and the new table structure is not the same as HUWR has in the DB.

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  19:59:04  Show Profile
This is what you need to recreate the Table FORUM_ONLINE

[DROP]
[END]
[CREATE]

UserID#varchar(100)#NULL#
UserIP#varchar(20)#NULL#
DateCreated#varchar(100)#NULL#
CheckedIn#varchar(100)#''#
LastCheckedIn#varchar(100)#NULL#
M_BROWSE#memo#NULL#
VISITS#int#Null#1
insFORUMID#varchar#NULL#0
insTOPICID#varchar#Null#0
[END]

Last two fields are for Mod WhoisInside.

Go to Top of Page

Endless Passages
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  20:04:58  Show Profile  Send Endless Passages an ICQ Message
I got it, the problem only originated because I was using an out-of-date .zip I just re-uploaded the .mdb file and used the correct .dbs file and everything was fine. Nice MOD Rick I've almost got the Portal_content active users thing fixed. I'll post here once it's working correctly with the MOD

Go to Top of Page

Endless Passages
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  20:36:01  Show Profile  Send Endless Passages an ICQ Message
Well hell, if your looking at Huw's latest code and the inc_activeusers.asp included in the zip GauravBhabu did an excelent job of coding the changes he made to the file, just copy the stuff between the lines that look like this

'##### Mod WhoIsInside - 11172001

To roughly the same location in the latest inc_active_user.asp file and it works fine.

Keep in mind those others reading that this is just for Huw's code and if you try it on yours you may end up with an un-desireable result.

It's working fine for me, so I don't know why it wouldn't work fine for other people using the latest code by Huw.

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  20:48:03  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
The inc_active_users.asp files are totally different the one in the zip doesn't come close to the one in Huw's code. This was the issue. After using one GauravBhabu created (Which the code was different from Huw's) The mod worked but everything else didn't So I'm not sure what caused the problem except the code within the 2 files are way totally different.

I'd like to see this mod work, but using Huw's inc_active_user.asp file.

Test Site:
EastPasco Huw's Code 3.3.10 SQL 2000
Snitz Mod Resource
Email
Go to Top of Page

Endless Passages
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  20:58:37  Show Profile  Send Endless Passages an ICQ Message
That's what I'm saying it's working with Huw's inc_active_users.asp file. The two files are different because they're two different versions of each other. All you have to do to get the MOD to work with Huw's inc_active_users.asp file is add the code that you see between these lines in GauravBhabu's inc_activeusers.asp file

For every instance you see those two lines copy that over to Huw's inc_active_users.asp file in roughly the same spot.

For instance in GauravBhabu's file you see this (Very beginning of the file)

<%
' WHOS ONLINE SCRIPT
Dim strOnlinePathInfo, strOnlineQueryString, strOnlineLocation
Dim strOnlineUser, strOnlineDate, strOnlineCheckInTime, strOnlineTimedOut
Dim strOnlineUsersCount, strOnlineGuestsCount, strOnlineMembersCount, strOnlineTempCount
Dim strOnlineCountType, strOnlinePageName, iOnlinePathLen
Dim strOnlineGuestUserIP, bActiveUserCount
Dim iOnlineForumID,iOnlineTopicID 'Added for MOD WhoIsInside
' ******************************************************
' ADD HERE WHAT YOU WANT THE PREFIX OF YOUR COOKIE TO BE
' it will either be 'strCookieURL' or 'strUniqueID'
strTempCookieType = strUniqueID

And in Huw's you see this

<%
' WHOS ONLINE SCRIPT

Dim iOnlineForumID,iOnlineTopicID 'Added for MOD WhoIsInside

rqForum = Request("FORUM_ID")
if rqForum ="" then rqForum = 0

' ADD HERE WHAT YOU WANT THE PREFIX OF YOUR COOKIE TO BE
' it will either be 'strCookieURL' or 'strUniqueID'
strTempCookieType = strUniqueID

And you just put the code where it is in red. The files aren't meant to match, being different versions and all. If it makes you feel better back up your current inc_active_users.asp file before you make these changes. But it works for me and it should work for you as well.

Go to Top of Page

Endless Passages
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  21:54:50  Show Profile  Send Endless Passages an ICQ Message
Actually what's funny is if you do use the inc_activeusers.asp file from GB's LATEST zip it works fine. I didn't have mine updated but I just did and there isn't a thing wrong with it, displaying all the active and total visitors correctly everywhere.

The only problem with that file GB that I can see is that for some reason now (http://www.****-skippy.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3) You'll notice right next to the Subject in the cascading tree the code

Call ProcessInside(Topic_ID ,"T")

EDITED by me for stupidity

Edited by - Endless Passages on 15 January 2002 21:57:08
Go to Top of Page

Endless Passages
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  22:01:07  Show Profile  Send Endless Passages an ICQ Message
Well found out why, in your readme file for topic.asp this is what it says

quote:

Find the following statements (About Line 309-310)

</font></td>
<td align="center" width="50%"><% call PostingOptions() %></td>

Replace/Modify the above statements as below:

Call ProcessInside(Topic_ID ,"T")
</font></td>
<td align="center" width="50%"><% call PostingOptions() %></td>

Now right before all that is

<% end if
%>

Now should the Call ProcessInside(Topic_ID ,"T") go inside there or inside it's own <% %>?

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  22:17:52  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
endless,
this will be included with my next update.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07