Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc

Belgium
175 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2001 :  14:00:21  Show Profile
I am using SQL Server 2000 - New installation of the forum -
It was impossible to set the "Highest level of Subscription" option in the admin section, so I looked at the database and noticed that :
- The field STRSUBSCRIPTION was not created in the table FORUM_CONFIG_NEW.
(After creating it by hand, I was able to set the subscription option"

Marc Valentin

cevans

Canada
101 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2001 :  08:42:03  Show Profile  Send cevans an ICQ Message
This is not restricted to SQL Server 2000 or to a new install. I upgraded from version 3.1 SR2 on SQL Server 7 and had the problem as well.

You'll probably also find that STRMODERATION is not in the table, either. I haven't really had a chance to sort through what exactly is or is not happening, but here's what I think is going on.

There is no reference to STRSUBSCRIPTION or STRMODERATION in inc_create_forums_sql7.asp (for that matter, they're not in the sql6 or the mysql include file either). There is only one reference to either of these variables in setup.asp, in the TransferOldConfig sub. They're the last two insert statements in that sub. For some reason, they're not being executed, so, I'd guess that that sub is not being called or that it is generating errors which aren't being handled.

I manually inserted the rows for these two variables and then everything was fine, though.

Here's another topic on the same issue:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=14997

Clark
Go to Top of Page

cevans

Canada
101 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2001 :  09:18:58  Show Profile  Send cevans an ICQ Message
Actually, I've figured out what the problem here is (at least, as it applies to upgrades, anyways).

When the creation code is executed (inc_create_forums_*.sql), there is a check to see if the table is empty. If it is empty, it is then populated with default values (excluding STRSUBSCRIPTION and STRMODERATION).

Then, when upgrading, the TransferOldConfig sub is called. However, it checks to see if there is anything in the CONFIG_NEW table by doing a select (line 2163 of setup.asp). If the returned recordset is empty, it goes and does the inserts (the ones that include STRSUBSCRIPTION and STRMODERATION). However, this recordset will never be empty (because of the population noted above).

This also explains why I lost all of my configuration settings. There is no place that actually updates the CONIFG_NEW table with the values currently in the CONFIG table, other than the inserts in TransferOldConfig, which aren't getting executed.

Clark

Edited by - cevans on 16 August 2001 09:20:44
Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  18:52:07  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Fixed in code of version 3.3.03

Pierre
Join a Snitz Mailinglist
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07