New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zdislaw
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  17:01:36  Show Profile  Send zdislaw an AOL message
Could this be because I have an older Jet engine (3.51)? I had to change my connect string to "strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51...etc." to get the forum to work, which it now does. I can't seem to get the calendar mod to create it's table though:

CREATE TABLE FORUM_EVENTS( EVENT_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , DATE_ADDED text (20) NOT NULL , START_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , END_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , EVENT_TITLE text (100) NOT NULL , EVENT_DETAILS memo NOT NULL , ADDED_BY int NOT NULL , PRIVATE int NOT NULL DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

Mr.D
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  17:28:49  Show Profile  Visit Mr.D's Homepage
I had the same problem, and it was all becouse the db_setup.asp file coulnd't reach the dbs file or hte forums database file. I was attempting the changes on the online server and had the same error. I decided to make the changes on my computer (wich is also a web server, but local. after the database was updated with the new tables and fields, i would upload it on the online server.

The dbsetup.asp file works great... it's just a matter of finding the right server settings to make your whole deal go.

if this helped in anyway I am glad =)
Take care,
Mr.D

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  19:20:56  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

Could this be because I have an older Jet engine (3.51)? I had to change my connect string to "strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51...etc." to get the forum to work, which it now does. I can't seem to get the calendar mod to create it's table though:

CREATE TABLE FORUM_EVENTS( EVENT_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , DATE_ADDED text (20) NOT NULL , START_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , END_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , EVENT_TITLE text (100) NOT NULL , EVENT_DETAILS memo NOT NULL , ADDED_BY int NOT NULL , PRIVATE int NOT NULL DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

This is most likely to do with your ODBC version, the string it is trying to use is for the Jet 4 driver, it may not be compatible with 3.51, have you tried using the (*.mdb) driver instead.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07