Help with HUWR sized board
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

firewall_0
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  17:09:16  Show Profile
Hi. I have been using the latest version of snitz forums for a while now with a few mods installed. I recently downloaded a full on modified HUWR sized forum code from http://www.eastpasco.com and am having problems with it. The host I am on runs windows 2000 advanced server, and I have the conn string set just like the original board i am running, yet it hangs on the default.asp page and will not load. I can not even get into the setup.asp to check to see if the code is talking to the database.

Has anyone had problems with this also? And does anyone know how to "cure the problem"? And willing to help out a newbie to ASP?

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  17:22:09  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
It sounds to me like there is a field missing in either config or MODS, do you have a URL I can check

Go to Top of Page

snitzpower
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  18:18:25  Show Profile
Anyone please so kind telling me what's "HUWR sized board"?
Thank you

Go to Top of Page

firewall_0
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  21:49:05  Show Profile
HuwR,
I took the board back down to put my original back. I just thought I screwed up or something. I wouldnt mind sending you the config.asp that I modified with my original CONN string from my original board, and what ever other file you need. my email is firewall@datatechgroup.org shoot me an email if that would be ok? and thanks.

Go to Top of Page

firewall_0
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  21:50:02  Show Profile
quote:

Anyone please so kind telling me what's "HUWR sized board"?
Thank you

go to the URL in my original post and take a look.....one of the best forum boards I have ever seen!

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2001 :  17:57:36  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
firewall, your problem is you have got fields missing in your FORUM_CONFIG table.

You have addedd these lines to your config.asp
' ################ Ban IP Mod ###################
strSql = strSql & ", C_STRBANIP"
strSql = strSql & ", C_STRBANIPRANGE"
' ###############################################
'############### TimeZone Display
strSql = strSql & ", C_STRSERVERBIAS"
strSql = strSql & ", C_STRFORUMBIAS"
'############### TimeZone Display
But there are no fields with these names in your FORUM_CONFIG table.

Could I also mention that the config file you sent me bears absolutely no resemblance to the config.asp supplied with the dowload of my forum, you should therfore be aware that if you think you have a copy of my fully modded Snitz, then you have been misled.

Go to Top of Page

firewall_0
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2001 :  18:06:19  Show Profile
hmmm..well thet would explain alot of things now wouldnt it?....the datatbase I sent you wasnt updated for the mods becuase i was under the impression that i could run the mod_dbsetup.asp to add them to the DB once the board was up...like i said i am fairly new to all this asp and DB stuff, I take it i have to manually enter the fields in the DB?

ok then is there a link to code that you have modified for all the mods that is one that is genuinely your doing?....

Go to Top of Page

firewall_0
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2001 :  22:35:21  Show Profile
ah never mind right now anyway..I went to your site and downloaded the forum code you had posted. Thank you for all your help!

Go to Top of Page

tomw
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2001 :  11:11:48  Show Profile  Visit tomw's Homepage
Hey Firewall, Huwr & snitzpower. About the code at Eastpasco.com. It is based on the Huwr 3.1r4 code with all the modes that Rick7165 could add plus some other stuff. Be advised it works, mostly but I spent about 10 hours updating the mod versions and a few implementation bugs.(Probably an ongoing process)

I am not a strong ASP coder, and for most people like me I would not recommend the Eastpasco version. I am only running my modified version of Eastpasco on an Intranet. For public stuff, I only mod the basic Snitz 3.1r4 with "completed mods", and most user's like me (hacker ASP coders), you would be advised to do the same!

PS My first post here, willing to help those determined to make Eastpasco code work. It is nice, thanks to Huwr/Kinser!

Thx

Go to Top of Page

firewall_0
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  17:02:30  Show Profile
Thanks....I have tried all I can think of to make the eastpasco code work, I had to delete the shows3() from Inc_top.asp and then it allowed me to see some of the default.asp but was getting all the runtime errors and error in inc_top.asp for the notes mod, but gave up after spending from 7pm to 2:30 am trying to get it to work properly...I like that version, but I went and downloaded the real Huwr moded board from huwr's mushroom grove site and implemented that instead with no real problems except the slide menu is half buried at the bottom of the screen onthe left hand side of the monitor.....other than that, I added the avatar mod, and POst Buttons Plus mod so far with no problems......what I liked about the east pasco version was the header bar the country flags mod, other than that I am happier now with the true Huwr code!

I would like to implement the eastpasco code on a beta site and play with it for awhile, so if you know exactly how to get it to work or have the fixed code minus the datatbase I would appreciate it!

firewall@datatechgroup.org

Go to Top of Page

tomw
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  18:13:27  Show Profile  Visit tomw's Homepage
Well firewall, I was not planning to share, so it may not be exactly what your expecting but here it is:

Link withdrawn:

I have included a mostly clean db because I have made some mode updates and I doubt it will run with basic easpasco db.
I really have made only minor changes/improvements. Updated the guestbook to v3.0 primarily because the previous mod install was bad, minor updates to post.asp to get all the smilies to reference correctly, a small bug in "set as Home Directory", added a link to menu to see "Poll results", did not upgrade the MODE, but it needs it! We will not be using on Intranet, so I didn't bother. Found the price in the classified mod was not working, appropriate file was in place, did a substitute, appears to be working. I have left the Avatar database intact along with a nice set of avatar files (found in various places), wish somebody had given them to me!)
Anyway that is about it. This file will stay available for a while, but I do not plan to support DL forever. This file is on one of my free sites, (created free for a friend) and has nothing to do with this forum, and does not have a forum.
Just a good DL spot!
4.9 MB Enjoy!

Edited by - tomw on 03 July 2001 22:36:42
Go to Top of Page

firewall_0
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  18:20:37  Show Profile
very much appreciated! I am downloading now and should be done soon...if you are thinking about making this a public download someday let me know will provide you with a free folder on my FTP server!

Go to Top of Page

tomw
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  18:36:42  Show Profile  Visit tomw's Homepage
Firewall, let me mention, I have made no changes in reference to the post Huwr made, they may be valid issues, but they have not caused any problems with the site operation, and I have not had the time to review at that level. Also connection string and db name are moded!

Tom
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07