New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2001 :  17:49:18  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
K.. the zip has been updated with a fix for the security check in the slash_admin.asp page and the mod file for the mod Commander.

---
Johann Reyes
http://animedj.com
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2001 :  13:49:00  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for your help AnimeDJ. My computer crashed yesterday so I didn't get the chance to thank you.

Has anyone tried to integrate the Slash mod into the default (front) page?

I'm trying to place Slash on the left and the Forum on the right but I'm not having much luck. Any advice on formatting the default page would be great.

Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2001 :  15:55:51  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
AnimeDJ,

It seems like I'm having the same problems again. Nothing shows up in slash_admin but I am able to have something on the default page but it is no longer current; that is if a new post is made, it does not show up in the slash mod.

Can anyone help?

Problem is now solved. AnimeDJ has worked hard with it and has made a new version of Slash Mod.

Edited by - astralis on 19 July 2001 18:42:01
Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2001 :  00:13:55  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
UPDATE: A bug was fixed in where there was a database error when trying to run the slash mod in a forum page such as default.asp

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2001 :  18:33:33  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
The slash mod seems to be working good now but ever since I installed the new version, I'm having trouble logging in to my forum. It lets me log in but then it refreshes the screen and I have to log in again continuing the cylce and it never will display "You are logged on as X". Could this be a problem with installing the slash mod?

Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2001 :  18:40:22  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
I can't sign in as Admin anymore after I installed the new version of Slash Mod. hmmm.

It won't let me sign in as anyone, even though it says I've logged in successfully, it reloads back to the default page so I can Login.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Edited by - astralis on 19 July 2001 18:47:35
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2001 :  01:11:49  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
AnimeDJ,

It seems like it was a coincidence because I deleted all the cookies on my computer and I was able to log in. This is a strange phenomenon or maybe it's just bad cookie coding someone has done.

Once again, Slash Mod has pulled-through and proven itself to be a very powerful and worthy application. Good job!

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2001 :  04:12:15  Show Profile
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

This key is already associated with an element of this collection

/portal/content/mods/slash.asp, line 66

This is the error I got today. Let me tell you why I got this error.

I have moved hosts from gnx to readyhosting.com. right now my account with gnx is desihome.org and till now its with them even though i had applied to transfer in the morning.. they say it will take 2/3 days.

After uploading files to desihomeorg.readyhosting.com , i found out that the 'Read more' link points to desihome.org instead of desihomeorg.readyhosting.com.

If my domain is transferred then the problem goes away as the desihome.org will be the same as desihomeorg.readyhosting.com

but lets find out why it is giving this error to me ? i am using it with tshives portal mod.

plz help me out...... i have contacted richard and most probably he is looking at the page right now. just wanted to let you all know if it was any major problem to be fixed.

The link.asp file seems to be erranous as that supplies slash.asp with the URL of homepage.

Kindly check it out animedj.... thanx :)

sal.

Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2001 :  09:08:50  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
Yeah Astralis, sorry I couldn't talk to you yesterday, I was going to suggest to delete the cookies of your computer, as yesterday I registered for your board and I was able to log in and log out, so I hope everything is working fine for you now.

SalmanKhana--
I would say to check the FORUM_MODS table for duplicate values, usually that error is when the there are duplicate values in that table.

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2001 :  16:44:09  Show Profile
thanx animedj , i'll check it out

Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2001 :  12:31:12  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
I'm trying to add some content in HTML. I've had some success but now I'm receiving this error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Left'

/forum/lib/lib_slash.asp, line 116

In the post, I'm using tables where one cell is filled with text and the other cell is a photo. It used to work but after I received this error it no longer works.

Slash won't work at all now.

Can this be fixed so the mod can show everything or at least revert back to what it used to be?

It's working now. I deleted it, and then logged out and logged back in and now it's working.

Edited by - astralis on 24 July 2001 13:45:08
Go to Top of Page

michaeltran
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2001 :  17:41:30  Show Profile
animedj;
For some reason, I don't know why I can't access to my slash_admin.asp page. When I load it, it display nothing but a blank white page. Then I view the source, it shows only the javascript code.

Do you have any idea???

Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2001 :  19:51:50  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
michaeltran-- I would recommend you to d/l again the zip as there was a bug with the strcookieurl before, but now is fixed.. also you have to take in account that you have to be log in as an admin first, and what I mean by this is that first you need to be able to see the admin_home.asp to be able to enter the slash_admin.asp

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07