http://www.eastpasco.com running on Huw's Code 3.308 SQL 2000
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2001 :  16:42:59  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:

I am looking for the mod that makes the popout tool bar on the side of your pages.

visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com for this menu. does not work on macintosh correctly so you may want to add a function to not display it for macs, if you need help with that let me know. for myself, I've had some complaints about this slide menu so I made members have the ability to turn if off in their personal preferences mod that I have set up for them. the personal preferences mod is something I adapted from the personaliztion mod which was quite easy.

Here are the members control panel

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 05 August 2001 16:43:37
Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2001 :  17:26:25  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
dayve : is this addon availble? id love to have this for my forum too!

cheers, stuart.

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2001 :  17:47:22  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:

dayve : is this addon availble? id love to have this for my forum too!

cheers, stuart.

I would like the code for this also.
bonkers
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2001 :  18:39:39  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
well, it all really depends on what you already have installed on your forum but I can try to get some things together. all I really did was add a few more fields in the database and then used the inc_themes.asp to read those values and add the rountines around the features. I made for myself the personaliztion2.dbs for use with the mod_dbsetup.asp so I guess I am really close to having something packaged already.

presently I am adding on a couple of more switches to this mod but I have no problem sharing this add-on. I am not running the new version of Snitz v3.3 so cannot confirm that this will work seamlessly but it should. I am also combining the guestbook mod so I can have something like Alan does with personal guestbooks, this too should also be an easy addition.

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

SHARKMAN
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2001 :  18:59:18  Show Profile
So when you package this up Dayve will you please package it with the myforum mod and the themes mod. Please give good instructions for installing it all. So many of these mods have such poor instructions for the average end user like myself. And all the code with snitz is so poorly commented that a new person to .ASP like myself can't find a thing.
Thanks for your efforts in the community Dayve.

Free stuff Rocks!

Edited by - SHARKMAN on 05 August 2001 19:09:36
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2001 :  19:13:42  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I don't use my themes because I don't want members changing the colors. I would package this as an ADDON to the Personalization MOD so you can start by installing that, I will not be submitting a NEW MOD because it truly is just an ADDON.

These things are hard to package nicely because everyone's forums are modified, mine is HEAVILY modified so it is difficult to get explicit directions but I will do my best.

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 05 August 2001 19:15:30
Go to Top of Page

Freeman II

232 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2001 :  14:15:42  Show Profile
dayve where can i get this mod addon?

Go to Top of Page

astroboy
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2001 :  15:17:58  Show Profile
Hi, I try to add this kool peronalization on but I got stuck on this error message, any know how to fix this SQL statement, I use the latest version 3.3
error is on ->
SELECT TOP 5 FORUM_FORUM.F_SUBJECT, FORUM_TOPICS.T_STATUS, FORUM_TOPICS.T_VIEW_COUNT, FORUM_TOPICS.FORUM_ID, FORUM_TOPICS.TOPIC_ID, FORUM_TOPICS.CAT_ID, FORUM_TOPICS.T_SUBJECT, FORUM_TOPICS.T_MAIL, FORUM_TOPICS.T_AUTHOR, FORUM_TOPICS.T_REPLIES, FORUM_MEMBERS.M_NAME, FORUM_TOPICS.T_LAST_POST_AUTHOR, FORUM_TOPICS.T_LAST_POST, FORUM_MEMBERS_1.M_NAME AS LAST_POST_AUTHOR_NAME FROM FORUM_MEMBERS, FORUM_FORUM, FORUM_TOPICS, FORUM_MEMBERS AS FORUM_MEMBERS_1 WHERE FORUM_TOPICS.T_LAST_POST_AUTHOR = FORUM_MEMBERS_1.MEMBER_ID AND FORUM_FORUM.FORUM_ID = FORUM_TOPICS.FORUM_ID AND FORUM_FORUM.CAT_ID = FORUM_TOPICS.CAT_ID AND FORUM_MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID=1AND FORUM_TOPICS.T_AUTHOR=1 ORDER BY FORUM_TOPICS.T_LAST_POST DESC;
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/forum/my.asp, line 298

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07