Help: MOD Implementation
 Forum Announcement
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Syedur

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  21:26:45  Show Profile  Visit Syedur's Homepage  Send Syedur an AOL message  Send Syedur an ICQ Message  Send Syedur a Yahoo! Message
Hi guys,
CREATE TABLE FORUM_ANNOUNCE( A_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , A_AUTHOR;varchar (50);NULL; NOT NULL , A_SUBJECT;varchar (50);NULL; NOT NULL , A_MESSAGE;text;NULL; NOT NULL , A_START_DATE;varchar (50);NULL; NOT NULL , A_END_DATE;varchar (50);NULL; NOT NULL )
-2147217900 | Syntax error in field definition.

Ok... something is wrong... my forum runs fine... but I can't add a new table to my forum, (yes I checked the database connection setting in mod_dbsetup.asp). Its happening with 3 of my new mods... All the previous mods were install without bugs or this message.
Thanks.

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  21:56:26  Show Profile
Do you have the strDBType line for you Database type uncommented in your config.asp file?

Are you using the mod_dbsetup.asp that came in the .zip file for the Announcements MOD?

For some reason it's putting both NULL and NOT NULL when it should only be putting one or the other.
Go to Top of Page

Syedur

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  22:04:10  Show Profile  Visit Syedur's Homepage  Send Syedur an AOL message  Send Syedur an ICQ Message  Send Syedur a Yahoo! Message
Hey Rich,
I am not sure why it is show these weird type of error.
I am using the mod_dbsetup.asp the one that reads out of config.asp file, so I didn't really have to edit anything but the dir (files) links.
If my forum is running fine, that means there are no error is database connections.
Ok... try this link to the forum...
http://64.23.82.10/e-syednet/forums/default.asp
and the database setup file is...
http://64.23.82.10/e-syednet/forums/mod/mod_dbsetup.asp
----------
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  22:55:16  Show Profile
Try the following setup file instead.

http://www1.domaindlx.com/dssdbs/files/announce_setup.zip

just unzip and then upload the announce_setup.asp file to your forum directory and then run it from your address bar in your browser.
Go to Top of Page

Syedur

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  00:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Syedur's Homepage  Send Syedur an AOL message  Send Syedur an ICQ Message  Send Syedur a Yahoo! Message
Hey Rich,
Whatever you did, I pretend that was just magic...
This should solve some of my other mod's issues...
Anyway... Do you know why it does that?
I mean why it won't write it on my database from mod_dbsetup.asp?
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  00:41:21  Show Profile
You might try downloading one of HuwR's latest mods and use the mod_dbsetup.asp out of one of them. The mod_dbsetup.asp file has been updated a few times, and there were some bugs in one of them I think.
Go to Top of Page

Syedur

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  15:22:30  Show Profile  Visit Syedur's Homepage  Send Syedur an AOL message  Send Syedur an ICQ Message  Send Syedur a Yahoo! Message
Um...
Well...
Can someone direct me to the latest update of mod_dbsetup.asp?
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07