Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Anti-spam Birthdate Add-on

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shaggy Posted - 18 January 2007 : 09:20:49
This is a very simple little add-on that will dramatically reduce the number of spam registrations on your forums. While it won't stop spammers from manually registering for accounts, it will stimmy the vast majority of scripts and bots out there which are pre-programmed to only complete those fields that are required on the registration form. This add-on will make the date of birth (or age, depending on your setup) field required and throw an error if it isn't completed.

First, find the following on line 346 of inc_profile.asp:
"                      <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right"" valign=""middle"" nowrap><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Age: </font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
And replace it with the following:
"                      <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right"" valign=""middle"" nowrap><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><font color=""" & strHiLiteFontColor & """>*</font> Age: </font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
Find the following on line 374:
"                      <td bgcolor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right"" valign=""middle"" nowrap><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Birth Date: </font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
"                      <td bgcolor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right"" valign=""middle"" nowrap><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><font color=""" & strHiLiteFontColor & """>*</font> Birth Date: </font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
Find the following on lines 1150 and 1465 (which will become line 1471 after the first edit) of pop_profile.asp and on line 381 of register.asp:
if len(strMAge) > 0 then
	if not isNumeric(strMAge) then
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You must enter a numerical value for your age.</li>"
	elseif strMinAge > 0 and strMAge < strMinAge then
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You must be at least " & strMinAge & " years old.</li>"
	end if
end if
if len(strMAge) > 0 then
	if not isNumeric(strMAge) then
	elseif strMinAge > 0 and strMAge < strMinAge then
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You must be at least " & strMinAge & " years old.</li>"
	end if
else
	if strAge = "1" then
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You must provide your age.</li>"
	elseif strAgeDOB = "1" then
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You must provide your birth date.</li>"
	end if
end if
<
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AnonJr Posted - 12 March 2012 : 10:15:32
If you do not have any MODs, download the latest code and follow the upgrade directions.

If you do have MODs, it will depend on how many and how keen you are on re-installing them from a clean 3.4.07.
Zenfor Posted - 05 March 2012 : 06:27:40
quote:
Originally posted by AnonJr
What version are you running?

I am running version 3.4.03 based on what I see in the Forum Variables Information. I don't know how I didn't do all the updates but would like to know how to get up to date. Thanks.
AnonJr Posted - 02 March 2012 : 09:39:57
quote:
Originally posted by Zenfor

...Does this mean I'm not up to date...

What version are you running? There were a few anti-spam additions to 3.4.07 (the current version), but I don't recall off the top of my head if this was one of the areas affected.
Zenfor Posted - 26 February 2012 : 18:34:54
I'm not finding the lines you say to look for in pop_profile.asp and register.asp. Does this mean I'm not up to date and if so, how do I get up to date? Thanks!
JJRose Posted - 10 September 2008 : 11:48:35
Hi. I am running version 3.4.06, and am trying to modify the code in your Antispam birthdate add-on mod instructions.

In your instructions you say:
"Find the following on lines 1150 and 1465 (which will become line 1471 after the first edit) of pop_profile.asp and on line 381 of register.asp:"

Unfortunately, the code you mentioned to look for doesn't appear in either of those files. (I was able to modify the "inc_profile.asp" file successfully, so that one is no problem).

The pop_profile.asp file was edited when I added the "Gatekeeper Mod", so I guess that disappeared. But the register.asp file wasn't modified and the code doesn't appear on that page either.

May I email you both of the files I have, so that you can show me where to place the correct code?

Thanks in advance.

JJRose

<
AnonJr Posted - 24 April 2008 : 06:31:01
Sadly, I've already got bots that are providing a DOB as they continue to hammer away at my church's site. The only time they've gotten through is when one (probably manned) actually validated the e-mail.<
Shaggy Posted - 24 April 2008 : 04:05:53
You're both welcome

Be aware, though that the more people that make this tweak the quicker the bot authors will twig what we're doing and modify their bots to provide a date of birth.

<
Kappax Posted - 23 April 2008 : 13:49:13
Thanks you this mod is great.<
Wildland Posted - 20 April 2008 : 20:35:27
Love this mod thank you
Another one I would like to see is one that requires the first and last name to be different I get a lot of spammers who use the same for both. I have looked for one to do it but haven't came across it yet.<
lucapan Posted - 11 April 2008 : 04:32:46
quote:
Originally posted by woodywyatt

I cant find the code in my register.asp file. I have 3.4.06
Any ideas?

At line 207 you will find the following code:

Err_Msg = ""

Then add the following code just after that:

''''''''''AGE / BIRTH DATE VALIDATION''''''''''
		if strAge = "1" then
			if len(Request.Form("Age")) > 0 then
				if not isNumeric(Request.Form("Age")) then
				end if
			else
				Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You must provide your age.</li>"
			end if
		end if

if strAgeDOB = "1" then
			if len(Request.Form("AgeDOB")) = 0 then
				Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You must provide your birth date.</li>"
			end if
		end if
		''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

<
Shaggy Posted - 11 April 2008 : 04:24:20
Are you sure you're looking for the right code? Only one of the changes above applies to register.asp. If that's not the problem, please post a link to a *.txt copy of your register.asp file.

<
woodywyatt Posted - 10 April 2008 : 12:53:16
I cant find the code in my register.asp file. I have 3.4.06
Any ideas?<
muzishun Posted - 23 January 2008 : 18:11:32
Ah, I didn't realize that. I don't actually have any older copies of the code to compare my current stuff to (mental note: get some of those). So yeah, forbert, there's your answer.

If you need help upgrading, post in the main help forums here, and we'll see what we can do to help.<
modifichicci Posted - 23 January 2008 : 16:44:05
No because strMinAge is a value of snitz 06. It has to be adapted to old version or update to 06 version.<
muzishun Posted - 23 January 2008 : 16:39:29
It should work on older versions of the forum. As a side note, however, you should also look into making sure your forum is up to date with the security fixes posted on these boards. What version are you running?<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07