Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 FAQ Addition Requests
 Accessing POP3/MAIL

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brian.egan Posted - 23 September 2002 : 11:51:27
Hi,
Im wondering if perhaps spmebody has already developed an application or indeed a module(or even if somebody could tell me how to go about it) that would periodically access mails from a mail account and if there are new mails, then insert them to the database.
What i want to do is to add a mail thread to my forum that shows a list of all the mails sent to say a project address and display them in a forum relating to that project. Can i use somesort of pop3 access protocol and what language would be the best to use?
Any Ideas/Suggestions??
Thanks,
Brian<
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mpolo Posted - 26 April 2005 : 14:48:10
Has any progress been made on this? I would like to do something similar, where a user can cc forum of choice and the thread would be put into a new topic.

Even if the code is not complete, please let me know if it is available, and I might complete it.

Thanks in advance,

Michael<
brian.egan Posted - 25 September 2002 : 09:11:10
Hi,
Ok So, now i have a Java Module Written which acces the mail on a POP3 Server and then writes it to a new mail table inthe Database of the forum. What i want to do now is to create a thread which displays these mails such as in the Forum. Where hsould I start or where is the appropriate code loacted in the Forum code that i can edit to do this?? Basically i want the mails in the database displayed as a thread??..... Just a little confused on the starting point!!
Thanks,
Brian<
Doug G Posted - 23 September 2002 : 13:38:40
JMail supports POP3, and so does CDONTS and many other mail components. You'll have to write the code from scratch, though.
<
davemaxwell Posted - 23 September 2002 : 13:03:11
From what I understand in the topics that have been brought up before about this, you would need a custom component to do this, but beyond that I don't know what else would go into it. The language shouldn't matter as long as you have the programming knowledge...

I would suggest searching for mail topics (especially from HuwR) to see if you can find the answer you need.<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07