Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 FAQ Addition Requests
 mark topic/forum read

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JohnO Posted - 29 November 2000 : 07:31:40
This may well have been suggested before but I would like to put a different "slant" on it.
If you do not finish reading all new posts, then close the browser, upon re-opening, all unread posts are assumed to have been read. It is difficult to then pick out which posts you didn't get to read on the previous visit.
Having played with the EZboard forums, I particularly like the "mark forum read" and "mark all forums read" feature. This means that any unread forums are still marked as such next time you visit. The user decides whether to mark a forum as read or not.
Are there plans for a similar feature (or does it already exist and I am just missing it)?

John

<
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
secretsquirrel Posted - 07 June 2005 : 04:41:59
How would i add this to the main forum page?<
Shaggy Posted - 18 May 2005 : 06:09:00
Don't you just love when people drag up old topics like this!

<
laser Posted - 18 May 2005 : 06:01:31
ROFL !!! .... I thought it would have been archived long ago <
Shaggy Posted - 18 May 2005 : 05:13:25
lol! Check the date, laser Looks like that was a beta test of the "Active Topics Since" feature way back when.

<
laser Posted - 17 May 2005 : 18:05:56
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

if you try http://forum.snitz.com/forum/active2.asp
you can choose different options for viewing the active topics

'Resistance is futile'

I get a 404 error <
StephenD Posted - 17 May 2005 : 16:40:05
You can put this before the '##Start to build the Table on line 387.
'### Start modified 'Mark All Read' code
If recActiveTopicsCount <> "" and (mLev > 0) then
	Response.Write	"        <form name=""MarkRead"" action=""active.asp"" method=""post"">" & vbNewline & _
		"      <table border=""0"" width=""100%"" cellspacing=""0"" cellpadding=""0"" align=""center"">" & vbNewLine & _
		"        <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
		"              <td valign=""bottom"">" & vbNewline & _
		"                <input type=""hidden"" name=""AllRead"" value=""Y"">" & vbNewline & _
		"                <input type=""hidden"" name=""BuildTime"" value=""" & DateToStr(strForumTimeAdjust) & """>" & vbNewline & _
		"                <input type=""hidden"" name=""Cookie"" value=""2"">" & vbNewLine
	if strGfxButtons = "1" then
		Response.Write	"                <acronym title=""Mark all topics as read""><input type=""image"" src=""" & strImageUrl & "button_mark_all_read.gif"" value=""Mark all Topics as read"" id=""submit1"" name=""Mark all Topics as read"" border=""0""" & dWStatus("Mark all Topics as read") & " tabindex=""-1""></acronym></td>" & vbNewLine
	else
		Response.Write	"                <input type=""submit"" value=""Mark all Topics as read"" id=""submit1"" name=""Mark all Topics as read"" tabindex=""-1""></td>" & vbNewLine
	end if
	Response.Write	"        </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
		"      </table>" & vbNewLine & _
		"        </form>" & vbNewline
End if
'### End modified 'Mark All Read' code

Here's a crap button I made as an example:

Can't remember who contributed this code but it was almost 3 years ago.<
Shaggy Posted - 17 May 2005 : 09:29:15
You'll find the icon on line 385 of active.asp:
"<acronym title=""Mark all topics as read""><input type=""image"" src=""" & strImageUrl & "icon_topic_all_read.gif"" value=""Mark all read"" id=""submit1"" name=""Mark all topics as read"" border=""0""" & dWStatus("Mark all topics as read") & "></acronym></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
You could add some text beside to let people know what it does but you'd probably only have people wondering why they couldn't click the text. Better option would probably be to create your own icon_topic_all_read.gif with text on it.

<
SLiPStreaM Posted - 17 May 2005 : 09:20:21
Does anyone know if it is possible to add text next to this graphic so that other users know what this link does?<
bud_dadude Posted - 01 June 2003 : 06:56:42
JohnO,
I have just discovered that you CAN do what you asked for.
Go to the "Active Topics" page and if you have new messages, you will see a little folder that is half pink and half yellow near the left hand top corner of the table.
This is the "mark all read" button.

Enjoy!
<
JohnO Posted - 29 November 2000 : 08:28:19
Thanks HuwR,

Nearly but not quite...

Maybe it's just a case of being used to the way EZBoards work. I assume you know the features I am referring to?

John

<
HuwR Posted - 29 November 2000 : 07:44:43
if you try http://forum.snitz.com/forum/active2.asp
you can choose different options for viewing the active topics

'Resistance is futile'<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07