Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 What's the status of this?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pzh20 Posted - 30 October 2006 : 12:43:47
I've just downloaded SB2 and am looking at it alongside the standard Snitz forum. I want a CSS version as I need to integrate the forum with an existing site.

Other than download it, what else should I be considering seeing that the code is of some age.

Regards
Pete<
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HuwR Posted - 01 November 2006 : 02:51:52
pzh20, if you did'nt double post, what is this then http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63146 ? moving a topic does not create a second copy, only you can do that<
pzh20 Posted - 01 November 2006 : 02:33:59
Firstly, Bill, I didn't post this twice, the post was moved (but I don't know why).

Anyway, I realise that Snitz is alive and well and being updated regularly, but was more interested in the CSS version SB2 as surely that is the way of the future. However, it seems that SB2 is only alive and kicking out in the user community.

It’s fantastic that developers release their code for us mere mortals to use. However, unless you’re just creating a ‘forum’ site, then the work comes in trying to integrate someone else’s software and design into your site (including space restrictions, colours etc).

That is why I was so pleased to see a CSS version, which should be easier overall. That was what my enquiry was about, if SB2 was an ongoing development.

Regards
Pete
<
AnonJr Posted - 30 October 2006 : 13:32:13
Trying to compare the code between the two really isn't going to be all that informative one way or the other...

SB2 was a CSS'd version of 3.4.05 (well, 3.4.04 + all the updates) - so comparing it to the new 3.4.06 isn't going to help much. It wouldn't take a lot of effort to patch SB2 up to par with the current version (3.4.06). I did it for my forums in about 2-3 hours.

The XHTML version that muzishun is working on will be a wonderful option when its done (hopefully soon ).

That gives you two options right there for a CSS version of the forum where the code isn't "of some age." What more do you need?<
muzishun Posted - 30 October 2006 : 13:08:14
Well, SB2 is a CSS version of the forum, so if that's what you're looking for, it could work for you. Also, I'm working on a CSS/XHTML version that is nearing completion with a large number of popular MODs installed. You can take a look at it at http://www.eternalsecond.com/support/. Other than that, what exactly are you asking when you refer to the status? I don't know much about the SB2 code, but the base Snitz here is alive and well, so if you're wondering if development is still going on, the answer is yes.<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07