Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Problem sending E-mail when registered

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
erick-flores Posted - 27 October 2006 : 15:04:30
I am having problem when a user register it supposed to send a notification email to my email, which is not working. Also the emails between users are not working. It looks like any of the e-mail part of my forum is working.

E-mail Server Conf: I have all the options checked to ON. And have my email address for the Administrator E-mail Address.
I put the IP address of my E-mail exchange server for the E-mail Server Address, that should be ok, right?

I did not setup this forum, my boss did. She told me the e-mail part has not worked since the first day. However I download a fresh copy of the forum and replaced the inc_mail.asp file with a fresh copy. And same results.

FYI: I have only made one MOD. The UserGroups MOD.

Need help pleaseee<
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
erick-flores Posted - 02 November 2006 : 10:24:53
thats the code in my register.asp from line 598 to 615<
erick-flores Posted - 02 November 2006 : 10:23:17
Ok, so I dont know where should I put the code. I have been reading different opinions so here is my code, hopefully you can tell me where should I put the code for the MOD

'################################### E-mail Validation Mod
if strEmailVal = "1" then
strMessage = strMessage & "Please click on the link below to complete your registration." & vbNewline & vbNewLine
strMessage = strMessage & strForumURL & "register.asp?actkey=" & actkey & vbNewline & vbNewline
else
'####################################################################################
strMessage = strMessage & "Password: " & Request.Form("Password") & vbNewline & vbNewline
end if '<---- E-mail Validation Mod - 1 line #############
end if
strMessage = strMessage & "You can change your information at our website by selecting the ""Profile"" link." & vbNewline & vbNewline
strMessage = strMessage & "Happy Posting!"
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_mail.asp" -->

<%
end if
else
Response.Write " <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strHeaderFontSize & """ color=""" & strHiLiteFontColor & """>There Was A Problem With Your Details</font></p>" & vbNewLine & _<
modifichicci Posted - 01 November 2006 : 03:42:40
http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=112<
ruirib Posted - 31 October 2006 : 20:32:40
Moving this to a proper forum...<
Podge Posted - 31 October 2006 : 18:27:20
I haven't tested this but it should work.

Register.asp around line 598 find
				strMessage = strMessage & "You can change your information at our website by selecting the ""Profile"" link." & vbNewline & vbNewline
				strMessage = strMessage & "Happy Posting!"
%>
<%

After it add
'Email Admin, a new member has registered

strRecipients = strSender
         strFrom = strSender
         strFromName = "Automatic Forum Email"
         strSubject = "New member has registered on your forum."
         strMessage = "A new member has registered with username: " & Request.Form("name") & vbNewLine
         strMessage = strMessage & "on your forum here: " & strForumURL & vbNewLine & vbNewLine 
         strMessage = strMessage & "Regards," & VbNewLine
         strMessage = strMessage & "Your Snitz forum." 
%>
<%

If you get an error copy it and post it here.<
erick-flores Posted - 31 October 2006 : 17:41:11
Do you know how to?<
Podge Posted - 31 October 2006 : 17:39:48
It shouldn't be that hard to do.<
erick-flores Posted - 31 October 2006 : 16:49:32
omg! I feel stupid...my boss was asking me for that feature and I though it was possible. Ok, thank you very much :)<
ruirib Posted - 31 October 2006 : 16:40:12
Podge is right, that's not a forum feature.<
Podge Posted - 31 October 2006 : 16:35:25
I'm pretty sure that what you are describing is not default behaviour. In other words you would have to install a mod in order to receive an email when someone registers. Normally you would go to Members Pending in your admin area and approve new users from there.<
erick-flores Posted - 31 October 2006 : 16:28:15
Actually, it did not work when the Restrict Registration = ON. I, as an administratior, am not getting the e-mail saying that a member wants to be a member of the forum. In other words, I am not getting the e-mail when a member tries to be a member. I do not know whats the problem, any ideas?<
Podge Posted - 31 October 2006 : 15:16:37
Glad you got it sorted......and its "worked like a charm".<
erick-flores Posted - 31 October 2006 : 10:34:55
OK, I did some search and I found the answer. Change the inc_mail.asp and worked like a champs, thanks!<
erick-flores Posted - 31 October 2006 : 10:07:18
I have not edited the inc_mail.asp to include anything. I dont know what to edit in that file. Can you give me an example of what lines of code I need to change?

Thank you in advance<
Podge Posted - 28 October 2006 : 06:24:50
Have you edited inc_mail.asp to include the username and password? Which email component are you using? Only four of them in inc_mail.asp support authentication.<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07