NT Authentication in IE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Kateriana
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  14:03:13  Show Profile  Visit Kateriana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Server Info:
Microsoft SQL Server V. 08.00.2039
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Service Pack 2
IIS 6

Browser:
Internet Explorer 9 V. 9.0.8112.16421 64-bit Edition

I have a folder limited to a particular GROUP on the computer. Inside this folder, I created the forums. Setup went fine, I can login with my admin account. I changed the Authorization Type to "NT" since I'm already requiring them to login with a user account. When I setup their account for the machine itself, I write their user info to the FORUM_MEMBERS table. It fills all the fields correctly EXCEPT the M_PASSWORD field. So then I login as one of my users and go to the forums. At the top if says "Please Register to post in these forums". Ok, I click register, and it gives me the agreement, and when I click yes, it then tells me I don't NEED to register because the NT account is already registered. *grumble* Ok, so I thnought maybe I can't automatically add the users to the FORUM_MEMBERS table when I create their site account, so I deleted that user and went to the forums and registered... it filled all the fields in (including the password), but again, when I go to the forums, it gives me the "Please register to post in these forums" and just loops back when I agree to the registration.

I'd PREFER to be able to pre-create their accounts in FORUM_MEMBERS so they don't have to register AGAIN (since they have to register to gain access to the site to start with). But if they need to agree to something I can do that. If I have to create their account through the forums system, I could do that (I expect less than 100 members total). But I really don't want to make them have to login AGAIN somehow just because they've moved to the forums and they've already logged in with the NT/Windows Authentication users thing.

I'm an ASP programmer so I COULD dig through the code and try to reason it out, but I'm hoping its just a "oh, you just need to do this... " type thing. Why re-create the wheel if I don't have too!

More to ponder... I closed my Chrome (my normal browser) so I could login as her instead of me and it seems to work fine after clicking "ok" to the agreement. So its only when logging in with Internet Explorer that it doesn't work. If I just knew what setting to change IN Internet Explorer to make it work, I could walk my members through that.

Help?

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  19:20:07  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am afraid there aren't that many people using NT auth so don't be surprised if there isn't much help about it.

Does that happen with a single computer? Have you tried from other computers?

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  03:19:57  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it could be a domain trust issue? but without knowing your NT domain vs website address, it is just a gues, but you could try adding your fourum url as a 'trusted site'

‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’ -> ‘Security’ -> ‘Local Intranet’ -> ‘Sites’ -> ‘Advanced’ and add it in there, this must start with http:// or https://

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  09:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most obvious guess is that cookies are blocked in IE.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07