Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Still Alive! :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2023 :  22:58:34  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am still alive and kickin'!

It's just that I have submersed myself into nopCommerce for an e-commerce solution. It does the job, but the team there dabbled in what seems to be most of the popular elements of e-commerce while not thoroughly ironing out the details in certain areas in order (especially, imho, how it presents to the user).

This, apparently, was done on purpose, because on issues that seem of importance to me (and to other users' questions) of which I have posted in their community forums, the standard reply is that such and such (interest that was posted) will be left to customization.

It seems the nopCommerece team purposely leaves the code as a bare-bones solution, in some respects, in order to attract developers to get in on the action of making some side cash on their MODs.

Sometimes, a person like myself might get help on coding questions and sometimes not. The community is not particularly versed in Linux inquiries although they do offer support as well as a version to work on Linux.

A person with some coding knowledge can make it work, but it does lack some attractive ease. I had to alter a lot of the "Views" to fit my needs. Other than that, it functions well enough to work as expected.

I do miss working with my Snitz stuff. I moved over to Linux because of Windows' entitlement issues.

I am having a good experience in learning the NopCommerce coding style. It's been an adventure for sure.

Edited by - Etymon on 16 July 2023 23:07:07

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2023 :  14:07:56  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Etymon glad you are still enjoying coding even if not Snitz

I spend a lot of my time these days working with Umbraco and was even awarded an MVP last month

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2023 :  06:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Huwr!

Yes, coding is a lot of fun and helps pass the time as well as ease the mind (usually - LOL!).
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2023 :  08:21:27  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Congrats, Huwr!

as well as ease the mind (usually - LOL!).[/quote=Originally posted by Etymon]

Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2023 :  15:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was awarded a VOF (Very Old Fart) by my nephew (he's a colonel in the USAF whom I haven't seen in person since 1990, we're always on different continents). During his last security clearance update, an FBI agent came to see me and my nephew's note was "If he's still alive, he's a very old fart." The agent agreed and decided I wasn't a security threat. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Cliff
Average Member

United States
501 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2023 :  18:28:31  Show Profile  Visit Cliff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]I was awarded a VOF (Very Old Fart) by my nephew (he's a colonel in the USAF whom I haven't seen in person since 1990, we're always on different continents). During his last security clearance update, an FBI agent came to see me and my nephew's note was "If he's still alive, he's a very old fart." The agent agreed and decided I wasn't a security threat. LOL[/quote=Originally posted by Carefree]

I've never met you, but glad you're still alive.

https://squarewheelscycling.com/

https://www.pathlabtalk.com/
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2023 :  16:18:31  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]I was awarded a VOF (Very Old Fart) by my nephew (he's a colonel in the USAF whom I haven't seen in person since 1990, we're always on different continents). During his last security clearance update, an FBI agent came to see me and my nephew's note was "If he's still alive, he's a very old fart." The agent agreed and decided I wasn't a security threat. LOL[/quote=Originally posted by Carefree]

Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2024 :  17:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a massive heart attack last Tuesday. My troponin (a protein released by the body during heart attacks) level was 43.7, and no for those who are familiar with the numbers, the decimal is in the right place. The typical/regular value is between 0 and 0.039, with anything above 0.03 indicating heart trouble. So my troponin level was 1,120 times as much as it should have been.

The doctor said that patients with levels of .28 typically were suffering acute heart failure. He also advised that patient risk of death (within one year) with levels of .2, .5, and 1.4 was increased by 21%, 35%, and 47% respectively. The two cardiologists said they had never even heard of a patient with a level higher than 3.0 before me.

So if the increased risk of death within a year for a level of 1.4 is 47% greater, what would it be for someone with a 43.7? 2000% greater? Doesn't say much for my odds, does it?

For those who have never seen/felt a heart attack in progress, I'll let you know. It's uncomfortable. I was alone at the time and was plenty ready to die, if only the pain would stop. About 5 minutes into the attack, I was found. The next-door neighbor drove me to the hospital.

Three days later, I convinced the cardio team to release me, provided I return daily for anti-coagulant shots - because I can die just as easily at home as in the hospital, and much more cheaply. Although I have four different federal medical insurance plans (TRICARE, VA, Obama-disaster, and MEDICARE), not a one has ever reimbursed me a single cent since I moved to the islands - nor has any hospital or doctor accepted one of them during payment.

Edited by - Carefree on 23 January 2024 17:34:08
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2024 :  08:28:53  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to here that carefree, hope you improve soon

Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2024 :  01:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, HuwR. Next month I'll be flying to the States for the cardiologists to have a look, and to do whatever they recommend depending on the results.

Back on my previous message about receiving my VOF award; I'm just glad I wasn't walking somewhere in Washington DC three years ago, or that FBI agent would have said I was an "insurrectionist" and my nephew might have lost his security clearance because of our relationship.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2024 :  05:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see some old folks are still around.

HuwR, I don't know how you're still keeping this place up and running and even doing a new version. I salute you good sir. [)8]

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2024 :  08:21:57  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Good to see some old folks are still around.

HuwR, I don't know how you're still keeping this place up and running and even doing a new version. I salute you good sir. [)8][/quote=Originally posted by Davio]

Hi Davio

I just like writing code

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2024 :  12:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote][quote]Good to see some old folks are still around.

HuwR, I don't know how you're still keeping this place up and running and even doing a new version. I salute you good sir. [)8][/quote=Originally posted by Davio]

Hi Davio

I just like writing code [/quote=Originally posted by HuwR]Huw, now I can't view or post in the Bug forum.
It seems the last post I make in a forum, upon returning, the entire forum becomes inaccessible, with Permission Denied. I can't see the forum listed on the main page: https://forum.snitz.com/forum/
As you can see, I can now access this forum, since posting in the Bug Forum.

I tried this in incognito mode as well, just in case it was a cookie issue, but getting the same experience.
Using Firefox on Windows 11.

Gonna go see if the Bug Forum now shows up since making this post here.

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 17 March 2024 12:58:45
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2024 :  16:33:53  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think forum permissions have anything to do with cookies tbh

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2024 :  17:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]I don't think forum permissions have anything to do with cookies tbh[/quote=Originally posted by HuwR]Yeah, I figured as much. But since I don't have a clue how your current .net forum works, I throwing all the data I can at you to figure this one out.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2024 :  17:45:14  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote][quote]I don't think forum permissions have anything to do with cookies tbh[/quote=Originally posted by HuwR]Yeah, I figured as much. But since I don't have a clue how your current .net forum works, I throwing all the data I can at you to figure this one out. [/quote=Originally posted by Davio]
That's fine, it is an odd one

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07