New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redhatter
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2005 :  07:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm part of an online forum community which is connected to the Asperger's Syndrome Support Network here in Brisbane, Australia. The forum system is powered by Snitz Forums -- I'm not sure of the version or its configuration as I did not set it up myself -- I am merely one of its users irritated by a minor bug in the system.

Anyway, I noticed a bug in the section that handles the MSN Messenger address field. If I click Profile, one of the fields allows me to enter an MSN address -- which is linked into the main system. The problem is though, when it shows my address, everything after the second dot in the host is truncated -- however, on the Profile page, the text entry box shows my address in its entirety.

If I enter my MSN address (sjlongland@yahoo.com.au) -- okay, it saves it, and going back to that page, I can verify the text box contains the correct address. However, if I click on my nickname in one of the threads to display my profile, it is listed as "sjlongland@yahoo.com". The ".au" is stripped, thus, invalidating the address. It seems anything after the 'com' part is stripped (I have tried adding additional hostname components onto the end).

Is it possible that this little bug can be fixed?
The forum is set up at http://forum.asperger.asn.au/. At the moment, I've worked around the bug by writing 'sjlongland@yahoo_com.au' with a note in my signature stating the true address, but it would be nice if the forum system could be fixed. (Not all possible email addresses take the form User@Network.Suffix -- User@Subdomain.Network.Suffix and User@Network.Suffix.Country are also perfectly valid)<

Stuart Longland -- a.k.a Redhatter
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2005 :  07:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39625

Search is your friend!

<

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

Redhatter
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2005 :  19:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks... I shall pass this onto our webmaster.

I did try a search, but it turned up a lot of noise. Is it likely that this fix will be in the next version?<

Stuart Longland -- a.k.a Redhatter
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on a tape somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2005 :  23:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is already fixed in the current version. The forum you are apart of is using an older version.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07