Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: General / Classic ASP versions(v3.4.XX)
 £ shows as L
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snowbird30ds
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2021 :  19:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never noticed this before but why is £ in replies showing as L? I'm sure it has always been fine before now.
I had this issue in a php script I was working with that used a mysql database and had to use htmlentities to get round it, how does snitz cope with special characters?
I have just downloaded the access database file and checked in the reply where I spotted the problem and it has a £ in the database so it's something to do with the reading back and displaying, I've looked on my android phone and that displays L so it's not browser rendering that is the issue.
Edit:
I just looked on another phone and a different pc and they came up fine, also view source on the original pc shows the £ so this is definately something my end, feel free to delete this post Huw.

Edited by - snowbird30ds on 09 January 2021 20:12:41

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2021 :  21:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you didn't find the solution, check the default font for your particular browser. If your browser has an option to "allow pages to use their own fonts" (or something to that effect), make sure it's checked. If you specified a font which doesn't support the unicode character set, that's most likely the culprit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07