Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Auto Scrolling in Classic ASP ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2020 :  15:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey! I am trying to find how to do the following in Classic ASP. I got the quote from jscroll.com

Below explains what I want to do.

"Infinite scrolling; also known as lazy loading, endless scrolling, autopager, endless pages, etc.; is the ability to load content via AJAX within the current page or content area as you scroll down. The new content can be loaded automatically each time you scroll to the end of the existing content, or it can be triggered to load by clicking a navigation link at the end of the existing content.

An example of infinite scrolling is your Facebook "News Feed" page. You may notice that when you scroll to the bottom of this page, new content will often load automatically, or you will be given a link to "Older Posts" which will load more content when clicked."

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2020 :  11:22:33  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was a hunt for me to find examples let alone code in Classic ASP, but I did happen upon a version in HTML. I am working with it in trying to understand the technology. After our twins were born in '09, my life took a different course. I got out of programming as much in favor of other things for income. My wife recently became disabled, so now I am her caregiver, which gives me more time for programming again. My! How much has changed in the programming realm! I am kind of picking up where I left off in trying to catch up!

Anyway, here is a lead towards trying to understand Auto Scrolling, Lazy Loading, Infinite Scroll, or whatever folks want to call it (be sure to unpackage it and look at the examples in the "test" folder - you have to test each .html file to see what each does):

https://github.com/tuupola/lazyload

Edited by - Etymon on 10 September 2020 11:23:24
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2020 :  08:36:51  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are not entirely the same thing lazyloading is generally for images and just loads them when the browser scrolls it into view (this can be done purely with javascript)
Infinite scrolling is different, it loads the next page of data when you get to the bottom of the page. (version 2 of the .Net version uses both technologies)

Infinite scrolling is going to be a little more difficult in classic asp, but essentially you need to get the next page of data using an ajax call

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2020 :  17:27:03  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the link I provided has an example that works in HTML. It rolls out text for me. I haven't fiddled with it yet though.

Edited by - Etymon on 11 September 2020 17:27:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07