Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: General / Classic ASP versions(v3.4.XX)
 Where is the banner for your forum referenced?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mkelley

112 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2017 :  13:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A *really* stupid question I know, but for the life of me I can't find where the banner for the forum (the image shown on this forum in the upper left where it says "Snitz Forums" and then "2000" running vertically) is located. I thought it was in the inc_header file, but I can't find it there.

I've changed the image in the forum folder that I thought was the right one, but my banner remains stubbornly the same even though I tried a different browser that had never gone there before (so no cache). I'd like to see at least where it's trying to load that image from.

golfmann

United States
450 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2017 :  22:34:47  Show Profile  Visit golfmann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you right click and look at properties it will show the picture is stored in images...
ctrl/F5 will "force refresh", no need to worry about the cache.

Does that help?
Go to Top of Page

mkelley

112 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2017 :  12:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually found where the image was stored by looking at the HTML raw code -- and, yes, it's stored in images, where I have put the new one, but for some reason the new one is not refreshing the forum and I don't know how to fix it (cleared the cache anyway and that didn't help).

It's very weird -- there are NO other images (other than the usual Snitz ones) in that image folder and yet the banner page is the old one. How that is possible I just don't understand.
Go to Top of Page

golfmann

United States
450 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2017 :  21:55:53  Show Profile  Visit golfmann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Assuming you have images for the location in the forum setup in admin section, I have no idea...

images/

???

Maybe run the check installation and reset the variables, but if it has the exact same name and extension that you FTP transfer the new one up with, how would it know?

Good luck

Edited by - golfmann on 19 August 2017 22:17:09
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2017 :  01:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think this may be what you're referring to, mkelley.

It's in the "inc_header.asp" file. Look for this line (approximately 282):

"    <td valign=""top"" width=""50%""><a href=""default.asp"" tabindex=""-1"">" & getCurrentIcon(strTitleImage & "||",strForumTitle,"") & "</a></td>" & vbNewLine & _

Hope this helps.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07