Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: Mail Configuration
 Emails blocked by Gmail - fix ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gpspassion

260 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2015 :  11:21:25  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd been happily using the CDOSYS component with "127.0.0.1" as the E-mail server address but for some reason Gmail are now blocking emails being sent like that (I checked with another email address that sending emails was not a problem). I'm seeing in the SMTP logs that the gmail servers are returning "Our+system+has+detected+an+unusual+rate+of " errors so I'll see if I can get that sorted...not holding my breath!

I'm wondering if there is a MOD, even a hard coded one to send email using GMAIL's servers directly smtp.gmail.com and inputting login info ?

Thanks!

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2015 :  03:51:50  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try looking at this, not sure if it will help as it is a very old post

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=63733&SearchTerms=GMAIL

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

260 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2015 :  15:53:16  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, that looks promising, will give it a go!
Go to Top of Page

brittany-stanley
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2015 :  08:36:22  Show Profile  Visit brittany-stanley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi GPSpassion,

I have the same problem with Gmail, did you fix your problem ?

Thank you for your help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07